Livecoding everything loaded in your web browser with Caffeine

Livecoding everything loaded in your web browser with Caffeine

Craig Latta

Hi all--

     My latest blog post[1] is a mix of several interesting things. Now
you can use Caffeine to send Smalltalk messages to the JavaScript DOM
objects of any tab in your web browser, not just the one in which
Caffeine is running. It's the Chrome extension version of Caffeine's
Chrome Remote Debugging Protocol support (complementing the
WebSocket-based version I wrote about last year).

     This turns every website you can visit into "personal dynamic
media". :)

     Thanks!

-C

[1] https://tinyurl.com/y7ypeew2 (thiscontext.com)

--
Craig Latta
Black Page Digital

Re: Livecoding everything loaded in your web browser with Caffeine

timrowledge

> On 24-07-2017, at 1:17 PM, Craig Latta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi all--
>
>     My latest blog post[1] is a mix of several interesting things. Now
> you can use Caffeine to send Smalltalk messages to the JavaScript DOM
> objects of any tab in your web browse

I can’t even begin to think of all the opportunities for mischief this presents. Frackin’ amazing.

tim
Implementation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Re: Livecoding everything loaded in your web browser with Caffeine

Edgar De Cleene

Again you made wonderful things.
I wish you could come to Argentina to this year Smalltalks ....

Edgar

Re: Livecoding everything loaded in your web browser with Caffeine

Craig Latta

Hi Edgar--

> Again you made wonderful things.

     Thanks!

> I wish you could come to Argentina to this year Smalltalks ....

     I would love to! (If there were a way to fund the travel.)

-C

--
Craig Latta
Black Page Digital