Lively Debugger Beta

1 message Options

Lively Debugger Beta

Christopher Schuster
Hi,

I've been working on a cross-browser debugger for Lively for quite some time
now. The project is still far from finished and has many bugs, but I want to
share the current state of the project with you. (It is based on the work of
Robert Krahn et.al. and uses a custom JavaScript interpreter.)

I made a few screencasts to showcase the current features of the debugger:

* Debugging a piece of code by selecting it and pressing Ctrl+Shift+D:
http://lively-kernel.org/other/DebuggerVideos/ctrld.webm

* Debugging a Morphic script by using a "debugger" statement.
http://lively-kernel.org/other/DebuggerVideos/debuggerstmt.webm

* Navigating the call stack with the debugger:
http://lively-kernel.org/other/DebuggerVideos/stack.webm

* Accessing the state of the debugger:
http://lively-kernel.org/other/DebuggerVideos/manipulate.webm

I would appreciate any feedback, feature requests, etc. At this early stage of
the project, it is still very much open for new ideas.

Thanks,
Christopher

PS.: There will be a ready-to-use Lively world with debugging facilities soon,
so you can try it for yourself.