Lively in Education

Philip Weaver
Steve Wart and I are interested in using Lively for applications that appeal to mainstream development needs. But I do want to discuss education a bit.

I have not read in depth about constructionist learning. Is the goal to 1. help students learn overall or 2. teach them how to program? Can anyone point me to really compelling, killer examples of constructionist learning which are not focused on simply teaching students how to program?

The most compelling example I can think of - for using Lively in education overall - is applying the concept of encapsulation to learning and to sciences.

I'm asking right now because soon I want to make a couple of mockups relating to education.

Thanks,
Philip

Re: Lively in Education

Darius Clarke
View the "Squeakers DVD" clips 1 to 18 here for a quick overview by some of the original minds behind constructionist learning.

Then, maybe, Alan Kay's 2007 TED talk (on the same page as above).

I hope that helps. :)

Cheers,
Darius