Lively local installation

Robert Krahn-4
Dear list members --

I'm happy to announce our Lively installer packages. We have put in some effort to make the setup of a local Lively installation simpler and created a cross-platform tool-suite that allows to run a Lively server on Mac OS, Windows and Linux.

For specific installation instructions please see https://github.com/rksm/LivelyKernel/wiki/Install-Guide.

We also created screencasts that guide through the installation process: Mac OSWindowsLinux.

We are happy about any feedback you may have and whether you encounter any problems.

Best,
Robert

Re: Lively local installation

Bert Freudenberg

On 2012-09-07, at 04:30, Robert Krahn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear list members --
>
> I'm happy to announce our Lively installer packages. We have put in some effort to make the setup of a local Lively installation simpler and created a cross-platform tool-suite that allows to run a Lively server on Mac OS, Windows and Linux.
>
> For specific installation instructions please see https://github.com/rksm/LivelyKernel/wiki/Install-Guide.
>
> We also created screencasts that guide through the installation process: Mac OS, Windows, Linux.
>
> We are happy about any feedback you may have and whether you encounter any problems.

Great!

How can I figure out what the Mac installer is going to do to my system?

Would be nice if that was mentioned on the first installer screen (but putting it in the install guide would be kay for now, too).

- Bert -

Re: Lively local installation

Robert Krahn-4
Hi Bert!