Load Magritte for VisualWorks and Magritte - Tutorial

Load Magritte for VisualWorks and Magritte - Tutorial

dtrussardi@tiscali.it
Hello All,

i work with VW7.4 and seaside support.

I'm interested to test the Magritte support .

I load from Cincom store the MagritteForVisualWorks bundles and the relative tutorial.

When i open the personeditor page the error : Message not understood : #title: is create.

This is the context :

renderElement: aDescription
 html tableRow
  title: (aDescription comment ifNil: ['']);
  class: (self class: 'element' for: aDescription);
  with: [ super renderElement: aDescription ]

I have eliminate the title: message and after the error: Message not understood : #in: is create

This is the context:

prepareOptions: aCollection
 ^ aCollection asArray in: [ :result |
  self isSorted
   ifTrue: [ (result asSortedCollection: self sortBlock) asArray ]
   ifFalse: [ result ] ]

What do i do resolve this problem?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thank,

Dario Trussardi Romano

RE: Load Magritte for VisualWorks and Magritte - Tutorial

Ramon Leon-5
> This is the context:
>
> prepareOptions: aCollection
>  ^ aCollection asArray in: [ :result |
>   self isSorted
>    ifTrue: [ (result asSortedCollection: self sortBlock) asArray ]
>    ifFalse: [ result ] ]
>

> What do i do resolve this problem?
>
> Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thank,
>
> Dario Trussardi Romano

In Squeak, in is simply this...

in: aBlock
        "Evaluate the given block with the receiver as its argument."
        ^ aBlock value: self

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com

Re: Load Magritte for VisualWorks and Magritte - Tutorial

Michel Bany

On 12 Jan 2007, at 18:22 , Dario Trussardi wrote:

Hello All,

i work with VW7.4 and seaside support.

I'm interested to test the Magritte support .

I load from Cincom store the MagritteForVisualWorks bundles and the relative tutorial.

Hi Dario,

MargritteForVisualWorks publication comments state that Seaside version 2.6b1.128
is needed. This version provides both #title: and #in: methods.

Did you get the latest Seaside version from the public repository ?

Re: Load Magritte for VisualWorks and Magritte - Tutorial

Thomas Koschate-2

On 1/12/07, Dario Trussardi <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm interested to test the Magritte support .

I load from Cincom store the MagritteForVisualWorks bundles and the relative tutorial.

When i open the personeditor page the error : Message not understood : #title: is create.

As Michel pointed out, you're likely using an incorrect version of Seaside.  I just loaded a virgin 7.4.1 image with the latest released Seaside, Scriptaculous and Magritte bundles, and it works fine.