Load Magritte for VisualWorks and Magritte - Tutorial

Load Magritte for VisualWorks and Magritte - Tutorial

dtrussardi@tiscali.it
Hello All,

my last question about Magritte Tutorial d'ont have receive any answer.

Resubmit my problem with more precision.

After problem to update my image based on VW Image 7.4.1;
    with new version of bundle  from published Items on Cincom;
    resolved loading how Michel write :

< 2. Load the Seaside bundles manually
<Seaside-VW
<Seaside
<Seaside-WebToolkit

I have load the Magritte ForVisualWorks 183.1 and the Magritte-Tutorial 1.1.

Afetr load it the personeditor tutorial page is correct open in the browser.

To understand how Magritte framework work
     i'have change the descriptionTitle class method of MAPersonModel. ( label:'Title' to ->  label:'TitleNew' ).

Now when open or update the page in the browser, the label d'ont change to 'Title New' but it remain 'Title'.

Another test is about the items option of Title #( 'Mr.' 'Mrs' 'pippo'  'pluto' ).
    I have change it but display option d'ont change to reflect my selection.

What do i do resolve this problem?

I'm interested to access at the Magritte mailing-list if existing.
    Can i have reference to it?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thank,

Dario Trussardi Romano

Re: Load Magritte for VisualWorks and Magritte - Tutorial

Thomas Koschate-2
On 1/19/07, Dario Trussardi <[hidden email]> wrote:

To understand how Magritte framework work
     i'have change the descriptionTitle class method of MAPersonModel. ( label:'Title' to ->  label:'TitleNew' ).

Now when open or update the page in the browser, the label d'ont change to 'Title New' but it remain 'Title'.

I suspect that the main problem here is that the old labels are cached.  You might try stopping and starting the VisualWorks web server to see if this causes the changes to be picked up.

I'm interested to access at the Magritte mailing-list if existing.
    Can i have reference to it?

Re: Load Magritte for VisualWorks and Magritte - Tutorial

dtrussardi@tiscali.it
About my problem
  To understand how Magritte framework work
       i'have change the descriptionTitle class method of MAPersonModel. (
label:'Title' to ->  label:'TitleNew' ).

  Now when open or update the page in the browser, the label d'ont change to
'Title New' but it remain 'Title'.

Thomas answer :

<I suspect that the main problem here is that the old labels are cached.
You might try stopping and starting the VisualWorks <web server to see if
this causes the changes to be picked up.

I have do it but the problem persist.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thank,

Dario Trussardi Romano

Re: Load Magritte for VisualWorks and Magritte - Tutorial

Thomas Koschate-2
On 1/19/07, Dario Trussardi <[hidden email]> wrote:
About my problem
  To understand how Magritte framework work
       i'have change the descriptionTitle class method of MAPersonModel. (
label:'Title' to ->  label:'TitleNew' ).

  Now when open or update the page in the browser, the label d'ont change to
'Title New' but it remain 'Title'.

After you've made changes to the descriptions, you'll also need to execute this code in a workspace:

          Magritte.MADescriptionBuilder default flush

This occurs automatically in the Squeak version, and I'll be doing an update to the VW version in the not too distant future to do it there, too, but, for now, you'll need to do it manually.

Re: Load Magritte for VisualWorks and Magritte - Tutorial

dtrussardi@tiscali.it
About my test on MAPersonModel

> About my problem

   To understand how Magritte framework work

        i'have change the descriptionTitle class method of MAPersonModel. (

label:'Title' to ->  label:'TitleNew' ).

>   Now when open or update the page in the browser, the label d'ont change

'Title New' but it remain 'Title'.

Thomas write:

| After you've made changes to the descriptions, you'll also need to execute
| this code in a workspace:
|
|          Magritte.MADescriptionBuilder default flush
|
| This occurs automatically in the Squeak version, and I'll be doing an update
| to the VW version in the not too distant future to do it there, too, but,
| for now, you'll need to do it manually.

Thanks now the change of label work fine.

But i have test to define the options relative to the title #( 'Mr.' 'Mrs.' .....) from the database with a specific methods

When the returnOptions method change the array answer the options see in the web page d'ont change.
The options see is fixed at the last execution of
     Magritte.MADescriptionBuilder default flush.

What is the best solution to resolve this 'temporary' problem?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thank,

Dario Trussardi Romano

Re: Load Magritte for VisualWorks and Magritte - Tutorial

Lukas Renggli
> But i have test to define the options relative to the title #( 'Mr.' 'Mrs.'
> .....) from the database with a specific methods
>
> When the returnOptions method change the array answer the options see in the
> web page d'ont change.
> The options see is fixed at the last execution of
>      Magritte.MADescriptionBuilder default flush.
>
> What is the best solution to resolve this 'temporary' problem?

This is a common problem. Override #description on the instance side
(by calling super) to get the cached version and modify it on the fly
with your dynamic options. There are some details given on how to do
that on my slides available at:
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/smalltalk/magritte/tutorial.pdf

HTH,
Lukas