Load PetitGui with minimal dependency

NorbertHartl
Is there a way to load PetitGui with a smaller set of dependecies? Or is Magritte and Grease and etc. needed for the GUI? Loading PetitParser default loads default of Glamour, too. And that's quite a lot.

thanks,

Norbert

Re: Load PetitGui with minimal dependency

Lukas Renggli
     https://github.com/renggli/builder/blob/master/scripts/petitparser.st
     https://github.com/renggli/builder/blob/master/scripts/petitparser-gui.st

Things are mostly independent. To get a minimal setup only load
'PetitParser'. Some parts of the PetitGui use 'PetitAnalizer', so you
probably want to load that too, but should not be a strict
requirement.

Lukas

On 28 February 2012 18:35, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there a way to load PetitGui with a smaller set of dependecies? Or is Magritte and Grease and etc. needed for the GUI? Loading PetitParser default loads default of Glamour, too. And that's quite a lot.
>
> thanks,
>
> Norbert

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Am 28.02.2012 um 18:55 schrieb Lukas Renggli:

>     https://github.com/renggli/builder/blob/master/scripts/petitparser.st
>     https://github.com/renggli/builder/blob/master/scripts/petitparser-gui.st
>
> Things are mostly independent. To get a minimal setup only load
> 'PetitParser'. Some parts of the PetitGui use 'PetitAnalizer', so you
> probably want to load that too, but should not be a strict
> requirement.

What image are you using to build?

 I did now a lot of tries with pharo 1.3 13315, 13325 to load via metacello but nothing works. Loading your scripts I get an unresolved PaginatedMorphTreeModel that is used by GLMTreeMorphModel. If I did nothing wrong then it is hard to "just" load petit gui into a 1.3 image.

Norbert

> On 28 February 2012 18:35, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is there a way to load PetitGui with a smaller set of dependecies? Or is Magritte and Grease and etc. needed for the GUI? Loading PetitParser default loads default of Glamour, too. And that's quite a lot.
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Norbert

> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Load PetitGui with minimal dependency

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Norbert,

Indeed, these are not needed. I will enhance a bit the
ConfigurationOfPetitParser to only load the Core and Morphic groups
from Glamour.

Cheers,
Doru

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 7:10 PM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 28.02.2012 um 18:55 schrieb Lukas Renggli:
>
>>     https://github.com/renggli/builder/blob/master/scripts/petitparser.st
>>     https://github.com/renggli/builder/blob/master/scripts/petitparser-gui.st
>>
>> Things are mostly independent. To get a minimal setup only load
>> 'PetitParser'. Some parts of the PetitGui use 'PetitAnalizer', so you
>> probably want to load that too, but should not be a strict
>> requirement.
>>

> What image are you using to build?
>
>  I did now a lot of tries with pharo 1.3 13315, 13325 to load via metacello but nothing works. Loading your scripts I get an unresolved PaginatedMorphTreeModel that is used by GLMTreeMorphModel. If I did nothing wrong then it is hard to "just" load petit gui into a 1.3 image.
>
> Norbert
>>
>> On 28 February 2012 18:35, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Is there a way to load PetitGui with a smaller set of dependecies? Or is Magritte and Grease and etc. needed for the GUI? Loading PetitParser default loads default of Glamour, too. And that's quite a lot.
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>>
>>> Norbert
>>

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Load PetitGui with minimal dependency

Lukas Renggli
Thank you for pointing out. Recent changes in Glamour broke my builds
too (http://jenkins.lukas-renggli.ch/job/PetitParser/). See the
updated load script for the fix:

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Load PetitGui with minimal dependency

Tudor Girba-2
I will update the configuration to load Glamour properly for Pharo 1.3, as well.

Cheers,
Doru

On 28 Feb 2012, at 19:24, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Thank you for pointing out. Recent changes in Glamour broke my builds
> too (http://jenkins.lukas-renggli.ch/job/PetitParser/). See the
> updated load script for the fix:
>
>    https://github.com/renggli/builder/blob/master/scripts/petitparser-gui.st
>
> Lukas
>
> On 28 February 2012 18:55, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>     https://github.com/renggli/builder/blob/master/scripts/petitparser.st
>>     https://github.com/renggli/builder/blob/master/scripts/petitparser-gui.st
>>
>> Things are mostly independent. To get a minimal setup only load
>> 'PetitParser'. Some parts of the PetitGui use 'PetitAnalizer', so you
>> probably want to load that too, but should not be a strict
>> requirement.
>>
>> Lukas
>>

>> On 28 February 2012 18:35, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Is there a way to load PetitGui with a smaller set of dependecies? Or is Magritte and Grease and etc. needed for the GUI? Loading PetitParser default loads default of Glamour, too. And that's quite a lot.
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>>
>>> Norbert
>>

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> www.lukas-renggli.ch
>

> --
> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

www.tudorgirba.com

"Being happy is a matter of choice."

Am 28.02.2012 um 20:49 schrieb Tudor Girba:

> I will update the configuration to load Glamour properly for Pharo 1.3, as well.

thanks,

Norbert

> On 28 Feb 2012, at 19:24, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>
>> Thank you for pointing out. Recent changes in Glamour broke my builds
>> too (http://jenkins.lukas-renggli.ch/job/PetitParser/). See the
>> updated load script for the fix:
>>
>>   https://github.com/renggli/builder/blob/master/scripts/petitparser-gui.st
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> On 28 February 2012 18:55, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>    https://github.com/renggli/builder/blob/master/scripts/petitparser.st
>>>    https://github.com/renggli/builder/blob/master/scripts/petitparser-gui.st
>>>
>>> Things are mostly independent. To get a minimal setup only load
>>> 'PetitParser'. Some parts of the PetitGui use 'PetitAnalizer', so you
>>> probably want to load that too, but should not be a strict
>>> requirement.
>>>
>>> Lukas

>>> --
>>> Lukas Renggli
>>> www.lukas-renggli.ch
>>

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Being happy is a matter of choice."

Re: Load PetitGui with minimal dependency

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I updated ConfigurationOfPetit to load in 1.3.

Gofer new
        renggli: 'petit';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfPetitParser';
        load.
(ConfigurationOfPetitParser project version: #stable) load

I also made the configuration to load only the Core and Morphic from Glamour to keep the loading to a minimum.

Cheers,
Doru

On 28 Feb 2012, at 21:33, Norbert Hartl wrote:

> Am 28.02.2012 um 20:49 schrieb Tudor Girba:
>
>> I will update the configuration to load Glamour properly for Pharo 1.3, as well.
>>

> thanks,
>
> Norbert
>
>> On 28 Feb 2012, at 19:24, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you for pointing out. Recent changes in Glamour broke my builds
>>> too (http://jenkins.lukas-renggli.ch/job/PetitParser/). See the
>>> updated load script for the fix:
>>>
>>>  https://github.com/renggli/builder/blob/master/scripts/petitparser-gui.st
>>>
>>> Lukas

>>> --
>>> Lukas Renggli
>>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Being happy is a matter of choice."

www.tudorgirba.com

"If you interrupt the barber while he is cutting your hair,
you will end up with a messy haircut."

Re: Load PetitGui with minimal dependency

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Norbert Hartl wrote
> I will update the configuration to load Glamour properly for Pharo 1.3, as well.
Was this ever handled? I just tried to load Glamour into 1.3 and got the same PaginatedMorphTreeModel  dependency warning with:
        Gofer new
                squeaksource: 'Glamour';
                package: 'ConfigurationOfGlamour';
                load.
        ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlamour) project version: 'default') load: {'Core'. 'Morphic'}.

Thanks.
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Load PetitGui with minimal dependency

Tudor Girba-2
You should load #stable, not 'default'.

Doru

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 2:23 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Norbert Hartl wrote
>>
>>> I will update the configuration to load Glamour properly for Pharo 1.3,
>>> as well.
>>

> Was this ever handled? I just tried to load Glamour into 1.3 and got the
> same PaginatedMorphTreeModel  dependency warning with:
>        Gofer new
>                squeaksource: 'Glamour';
>                package: 'ConfigurationOfGlamour';
>                load.
>        ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlamour) project version: 'default') load:
> {'Core'. 'Morphic'}.
>
> Thanks.
> Sean

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Load PetitGui with minimal dependency

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Tudor Girba-2 wrote
You should load #stable, not 'default'.
Thanks, that worked! The class comment says "ConfigurationOfGlamour loadDevelopment"; should that be stable? I'm confused by all the options...

Sean
Cheers,
Sean