Load package without warnings

fstephany
Hi list,

Is there a way to load packages without having to click 'Proceed' when
you get warnings ?

I'd like to add CommandShell in a metacello configuration loaded on a
headless server...

Cheers,

Francois

Re: Load package without warnings

Stéphane Ducasse
Would be nice to have.
We should have more warning and optional ui only on non headless images instead of the inverse.

Stef

On Nov 8, 2011, at 3:53 AM, Francois Stephany wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Is there a way to load packages without having to click 'Proceed' when you get warnings ?
>
> I'd like to add CommandShell in a metacello configuration loaded on a headless server...
>

> Cheers,
>
> Francois

Re: Load package without warnings

fstephany

Is it not the case at the moment when loading packages on images tested with Jenkins?

On Nov 7, 2011 10:52 PM, "Stéphane Ducasse" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Would be nice to have.
We should have more warning and optional ui only on non headless images instead of the inverse.

Stef

On Nov 8, 2011, at 3:53 AM, Francois Stephany wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Is there a way to load packages without having to click 'Proceed' when you get warnings ?
>
> I'd like to add CommandShell in a metacello configuration loaded on a headless server...
>

> Cheers,
>
> Francois

Re: Load package without warnings

Stéphane Ducasse
I do not know :)
Let us wait for people waking up

did you check suppress warning?

Stef

On Nov 8, 2011, at 8:31 AM, François Stephany wrote:

> Is it not the case at the moment when loading packages on images tested with Jenkins?
>
> On Nov 7, 2011 10:52 PM, "Stéphane Ducasse" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Would be nice to have.
> We should have more warning and optional ui only on non headless images instead of the inverse.
>
> Stef
>
> On Nov 8, 2011, at 3:53 AM, Francois Stephany wrote:
>
> > Hi list,
> >
> > Is there a way to load packages without having to click 'Proceed' when you get warnings ?
> >
> > I'd like to add CommandShell in a metacello configuration loaded on a headless server...
> >

> > Cheers,
> >
> > Francois

Re: Load package without warnings

David T. Lewis
On Mon, Nov 07, 2011 at 06:53:32PM -0800, Francois Stephany wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Is there a way to load packages without having to click 'Proceed' when
> you get warnings ?
>
> I'd like to add CommandShell in a metacello configuration loaded on a
> headless server...

Is this a warning about the MVC classes? If so, you can load the
individual CommandShell packages and leave the MVC package out.
In other words, rather than loading CommandShell-dtl.55, you can
load CommandShell-Base-dtl.17 plus CommandShell-Commands-dtl.9 and
so on, but do not load CommandShell-MVC-dtl.2.

I split CommandShell into individual packages for this reason. If
you want the whole package, you can still load CommandShell-dtl.55
and ignore the warnings, otherwise you can pick the sub-packages
that you want.

HTH,
Dave

Re: Load package without warnings

fstephany
Hi Dave,

Yep, it works fine without any warning when I load

CommandShellBase
CommandShellCommands
CommandShellPiping

Thank you !

(ans thanks Sean for your question about $PATH:
http://forum.world.st/OSProcess-PATH-td3603346.html )

On another note, it would be handy to be able to write:

(PipeableOSProcess command: 'convert' environment: env ) output

instead of:

(PipeableOSProcess
   command: 'convert'
   environment: env
   workingDir: nil
   input: nil
   output: nil
   error: nil
   errorPipelineStream: nil) output

--
http://tulipemoutarde.be
BE: +32 (0)65 709 131
CA: +1 778 558 3225

On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 04:25:29PM -0800, Francois Stephany wrote:

> On another note, it would be handy to be able to write:
>
> (PipeableOSProcess command: 'convert' environment: env ) output
>
> instead of:
>
> (PipeableOSProcess
>   command: 'convert'
>   environment: env