Load tests

Bernat Romagosa
Hi list,

Before deploying an app, I'd need to run some load tests to check if the server and the app are going to be able to handle enough requests at the same time.

Is there a "standard", easy way to do that? I'd just need a couple (20~30) of clients simulate randomly clicking around different anchors.

Thanks,

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: Load tests

Nicolas Petton
On Tue, 2011-11-08 at 12:19 +0100, Bernat Romagosa wrote:

> Hi list,
>

> Before deploying an app, I'd need to run some load tests to check if
> the server and the app are going to be able to handle enough requests
> at the same time.
>

> Is there a "standard", easy way to do that? I'd just need a couple
> (20~30) of clients simulate randomly clicking around different
> anchors.

Except if you do some resource heavy computing, Iliad will handle it.
You could use Selenium I guess?

Nico

Re: Load tests

Bernat Romagosa
Wow I didn't know about Selenium! Thanks, I'll give it a try!

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: Load tests

sebastien audier
Hi bernat, Selenium is very cool, but, it's not very simple of to run multiple sessions with it.
I seem to remember that the library to pharo can not run multiple instances of firefox at the same time...

If you fix it, I am very interested. :)

--
Sébastien AUDIER

Applications web, consulting, design,
site Internet, Promotion de projets.

Re: Load tests

Nicolas Petton
Maybe running several instances would work then?

Cheers,
Nico