Stefan Schmiedl
Is there a script floating around somewhere to load the
most current AIDA package into the most current pharo
image?

Or ... gasp ... is it even documented and I just failed to look?

Thanks,
s.

Re: Loading AIDA into pharo

Janko Mivšek
Hi Stefan,

 > Is there a script floating around somewhere to load the
 > most current AIDA package into the most current pharo
 > image?

 >Or ... gasp ... is it even documented and I just failed to look?

Well, Aida and Scribo are moving targets and preparing a script for
every single new version would be a bit too much work. That's what holds
for development version of course, while stable version can be loaded
from Universes, and beta1 from instructions on:

        http://www.aidaweb.si/download.html

But yes, Nico prepared some script once ...

Anyway, you can (almost) always get a latest workable development
versions from loading latest versions of all packages in that order:

        Sport, Swazoo, Aida, Scribo

First three are on http://mc.bioskop.fr, while Scribo already has its
own SPM: http://scribo.aidaweb.si

and Aida works there like a charm!

I hope this helps

Janko

Stefan Schmiedl wrote:

> Is there a script floating around somewhere to load the
> most current AIDA package into the most current pharo
> image?
>
> Or ... gasp ... is it even documented and I just failed to look?
>
> Thanks,
> s.

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Loading AIDA into pharo

Stefan Schmiedl
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 15:02:44 +0100
Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Well, Aida and Scribo are moving targets

what isn't? That's where the fun lies :-)

> Anyway, you can (almost) always get a latest workable development
> versions from loading latest versions of all packages in that order:
>
> Sport, Swazoo, Aida, Scribo
>
> First three are on http://mc.bioskop.fr, while Scribo already has its
> own SPM: http://scribo.aidaweb.si

Added the repositories, installed and promptly ran into some snags :-)

Pharo0.1-10144
        Sport-mu.2
        Swazoo-np.11
        Aida6.0-beta.1
        Scribo-np.176

SwazooServer is missing a default implementation for watchdogOther

String (I guess) does not know about replaceSpecialCharacters

ScriboStyle>>defaultHeader refers to aidabannerJpg which has mutated to
aidaBannerGif

WikiPageApp>>accessRightsElement and >>attachmentsIFrameElement
refer to WebLink>>onClickDoToggleEffect:for:duration: which is not there
(anymore?)

After patching these up (roughly and probably wrong, too) I could not
raise any more exceptions by more-or-less randomly clicking around.

thanks,
s.

Re: Loading AIDA into pharo

Nicolas Petton
Hi,

Load the latest version of Aida from http://mc.bioskop.fr/Aida instead
of the beta if you use the latest version of Scribo.

If you want to use the beta version, also load Scribo1.0-beta1 instead
of the latest dev version.

Cheers!

Nico
--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.aidaweb.si

Re: Loading AIDA into pharo

Stefan Schmiedl
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 21:01:01 +0100
nico <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Load the latest version of Aida from http://mc.bioskop.fr/Aida instead
> of the beta if you use the latest version of Scribo.

The repository contains:
Aida
Aida-5.6
Aida5.6
Aida6.0

I did not expect the current development for 6.0 (?) to be found
in Aida5.6, where I now see recent submissions from Janko.

Can I load Aida5.6-janko.112 over the beta or should I start from
scratch?

Thanks,
s.

Re: Loading AIDA into pharo

Janko Mivšek
Stefan Schmiedl wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 21:01:01 +0100
> nico <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Load the latest version of Aida from http://mc.bioskop.fr/Aida instead
>> of the beta if you use the latest version of Scribo.
>
> The repository contains:
> Aida
> Aida-5.6
> Aida5.6
> Aida6.0
>
> I did not expect the current development for 6.0 (?) to be found
> in Aida5.6, where I now see recent submissions from Janko.

6.0 will be the next release but yes, we still publishing with old
Aida5.6 mark even that there is there already Aida6.0beta1 out.

> Can I load Aida5.6-janko.112 over the beta or should I start from
> scratch?

You should load newer versions over older without problems, yes.

Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Loading AIDA into pharo

garduino
I wroted (again) a small script to install Scribo and friends and will publish on my blog soon.

But, what about the error Stefan commented:

SwazooServer(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #watchdogOther

I should create such #watchdog method or I'm installing the wrong package Swazoo-np.11.mcz ?

Cheers.

Le mercredi 12 novembre 2008 à 14:46 -0200, Germán Arduino a écrit :
> I wroted (again) a small script to install Scribo and friends and will
> publish on my blog soon.

Just update the script on the Scribo SPM page please.
http://scribo.aidaweb.si/wiki/installer.html

> But, what about the error Stefan commented:
>
> SwazooServer(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #watchdogOther

This method was removed by accident, I will add it back.

Nico
--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.aidaweb.si

Re: Loading AIDA into pharo

garduino
Nico:

2008/11/12 nico <[hidden email]>
Le mercredi 12 novembre 2008 à 14:46 -0200, Germán Arduino a écrit :
> I wroted (again) a small script to install Scribo and friends and will
> publish on my blog soon.

Just update the script on the Scribo SPM page please.
http://scribo.aidaweb.si/wiki/installer.html

ok, will update.

> But, what about the error Stefan commented:
>
> SwazooServer(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #watchdogOther

This method was removed by accident, I will add it back.

ok, please comment me

Thanks.

Cheers.

Re: Loading AIDA into pharo

garduino

2008/11/12 Germán Arduino <[hidden email]>
Nico:

2008/11/12 nico <[hidden email]>

Le mercredi 12 novembre 2008 à 14:46 -0200, Germán Arduino a écrit :
> I wroted (again) a small script to install Scribo and friends and will
> publish on my blog soon.

Just update the script on the Scribo SPM page please.
http://scribo.aidaweb.si/wiki/installer.html

ok, will update.

I updated, but seem not work from html.

Anyway I modified the coment and the script, copied and pasted on a workspace works, except the ftp package, that I installed separated.

Let me know if is ok.

Cheers.

Germán.