I like the idea to have to load speech to get curl :)
But this would be nice to fix that

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]>
> Date: February 12, 2009 6:35:53 PM CEST
> To: Seaside - general discussion <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Seaside] Loading Curl Pb (was: Google Maps API
> Services  Geocoding ( resend for wrong format ))
> >

> The missing bits for CurlPlugin are in VMMaker, which needs Speech and
> FFI.  All of which can be found on squeaksource or the Universe
> browser.  VMMaker is under System.  Speech is under Uncategorized and
> FFI is under System.
>
> But I'm not sure they'll load properly.  I tend to get errors and go
> back to using HTTPSocket.  I've tried with Squeak 3.10.2 and Damiens
> Pharo and Squeak-web images.
>

> But if you load them and don't get errors let me know and I'll try
> again.
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul
>

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> Hi
>>

>>> Or
>>> Curl new getContentsUrl: '....'
>>
>> long time I wanted to give Curl a try.
>> When I try to load CurlPlugin from squeaksource, I get:
>>
>> This package depends on the following classes:
>>  SmartSyntaxInterpreterPlugin
>> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load
>> these
>> definitions:
>>  CurlPlugin
>>
>> I use seasde 2.9 and Pharo 10231.
>>
>> Any ideas what I'm missing  ?
>>
>> Thx
>>

>>> Cheers
>>> Philippe
>>

>> --
>> Cédrick

Re: Loading Curl Pb

Michael Rueger-6
Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
> I like the idea to have to load speech to get curl :)
> But this would be nice to fix that

There is also a curl implementation in Sophie by Steven Riggins, not
sure what it originally was based on.

Michael

Re: Loading Curl Pb

Danil Osipchuk-2
The squeaksource project was intented for developers mostly rather
than for end user. The interface class is coupled with the vm-plugin
code there, so it does depend on vmmaker. It seemed reasonable for me,
because you don't get the plugin binary from squeaksource anyway - you
need to build it  (and load vmmaker) or to get it from somewhere else
( for instance following the instructions from
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5865  ).

However I recall several ocasions when I promised to make a new
version of it and I even started thinking about wrapping it into
installer similar to FreeType plugin, but got distracted.
I will try to update the code to recent version and to make a user
friendly installer on this weekend.

 It would help a lot, if there is anybody who has vm-builder setup on
windows ready to compile the updated version. I have windows only at
work, and I have no time to work on it here, so making both linux and
windows version is a bit to much for me at the moment.

regards,
  Danil