Bernhard Pieber-3
Hi all!

I just tried load a package which I happened to save in D5 back into D4. It
fails because Package does not implement globalAliases:.

As I am a new Dolphin user I am not sure if I did something wrong. Or is it
just not a proper thing to do? Thinking about it, what is then the best way
to develop packages that should run in both D4 and D5?

Bernhard Pieber

Re: Loading D5-PAC files in D4

David Gorisek-5
With the Source Tracking System you can develop code in D4 and D5 on the
same repository. As long as there are no STB Filer differences (binary
globals, view resources) code can be easily exchanged between versions.

See http://www.gorisek.com

Best regards,

David

"Bernhard Pieber" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> Hi all!
>
> I just tried load a package which I happened to save in D5 back into D4.
It
> fails because Package does not implement globalAliases:.
>
> As I am a new Dolphin user I am not sure if I did something wrong. Or is
it
> just not a proper thing to do? Thinking about it, what is then the best
way
> to develop packages that should run in both D4 and D5?
>
> Bernhard Pieber

Re: Loading D5-PAC files in D4

Bernhard Pieber-3
I asked
> > I just tried load a package which I happened to save in D5 back into D4.
>> It fails because Package does not implement globalAliases:.
> > As I am a new Dolphin user I am not sure if I did something wrong. Or is
>>it just not a proper thing to do? Thinking about it, what is then the best
>> way to develop packages that should run in both D4 and D5?

"David Gorisek" <[hidden email]> answered im Newsbeitrag
> With the Source Tracking System you can develop code in D4 and D5 on the
> same repository. As long as there are no STB Filer differences (binary
> globals, view resources) code can be easily exchanged between versions.
>
> See http://www.gorisek.com
Thanks for your answer. (The thing which I do not understand is how you got
my question? I tried to post it 5 times but I always got an error message. I
certainly hope you did not get *all 5* of them? In this case I am sorry.)

As an enthusiastic daily user of Envy I am definitely interested in STS.
However, I have only started to try out Dolphin and still don't know how
much I will use it in the near future.

Bernhard