BrunoBB
Hi,

I have a Pharo 7.0 image with Seaside installed on it.

Now i want to add Gettext but i'm not able to do it yet.

Metacello new
 baseline:'Seaside3';
 repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
 load: #('Seaside-Gettext-Core' 'Seaside-Gettext-Examples')

Fail because 'Seaside-Gettext-Core' name not found.

More likely because BaselineOfSeaside3>>baselinegettext: does not include a
tag for Pharo 7.

If i add (to include Pharo7):
spec for: #(#'pharo1.x' #'pharo2.x' #'pharo3.x' #'pharo4.x' #'pharo7.x')

I got a conflict error:
'MetacelloConflictingProjectError: Load Conflict between existing
BaselineOf...igurationOfGrease stable from
http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main'"

The same result with:
Metacello new
 baseline:'Seaside3';
 repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
 load: #('Gettext' 'Gettext-Examples')

If i have Seaside already in my image how i should load Gettext ?

regards,
bruno

Re: Loading Gettext on already installed Seaside

Paul DeBruicker
Hi

Add

 onConflict: [ :ex | ex allow ];

To your Metacello load instructions

BrunoBB wrote

> Hi,
>
> I have a Pharo 7.0 image with Seaside installed on it.
>
> Now i want to add Gettext but i'm not able to do it yet.
>
> Metacello new
>  baseline:'Seaside3';
>  repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
>  load: #('Seaside-Gettext-Core' 'Seaside-Gettext-Examples')
>
> Fail because 'Seaside-Gettext-Core' name not found.
>
> More likely because BaselineOfSeaside3>>baselinegettext: does not include
> tag for Pharo 7.
>
> If i add (to include Pharo7):
> spec for: #(#'pharo1.x' #'pharo2.x' #'pharo3.x' #'pharo4.x' #'pharo7.x')
>
> I got a conflict error:
> 'MetacelloConflictingProjectError: Load Conflict between existing
> BaselineOf...igurationOfGrease stable from
> http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main'"
>
> The same result with:
> Metacello new
>  baseline:'Seaside3';
>  repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
>  load: #('Gettext' 'Gettext-Examples')
>
> If i have Seaside already in my image how i should load Gettext ?
>
> regards,
> bruno

Re: Loading Gettext on already installed Seaside

BrunoBB
Paul,

Thanks for the pointer now i have passed the conflict.

But i got a DNU:
NaturalLanguageTranslator>>domainRegistered:

This method does not exist. It seems that the following entry hsa the fix:
http://forum.world.st/Error-loading-Seaside-Gettext-support-td4980855.html

Close the walkback and evaluate:
WAGettextExample initialize.

Maybe NaturalLanguageTranslator>>domainRegistered: was present in Pharo
early version but not in Pharo 7.

This should be fixed.

regards,
bruno

Re: Loading Gettext on already installed Seaside

BrunoBB
Well,

This method exist on GetText GemStone version.

So i'm not quite sure what is going on. Maybe GS and Pharo version are not
synchronized.

regards,
bruno

Re: Loading Gettext on already installed Seaside

Johan Brichau-2
I’m afraid the Gettext-Seaside integration is broken in current Seaside versions.

Johan