Giuseppe

Hi all,

I get a warning about dependencies of Flaptab installing Magma with:

Gofer new

 squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
 package: 'ConfigurationOfMagma';
 load.

(Smalltalk at:#ConfigurationOfMagma)
 project latestVersion
  load: 'Server';
  load: 'Client'.

Is safe installing anyway? Or there are some better way to install it?

Re: Loading Magma in Pharo 1.1

Miguel Cobá
El mié, 10-11-2010 a las 17:00 +0100, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi escribió:

> Hi all,
>
> I get a warning about dependencies of Flaptab installing Magma with:
>
> Gofer new
>
> squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
> package: 'ConfigurationOfMagma';
> load.
> (Smalltalk at:#ConfigurationOfMagma)
> project latestVersion
> load: 'Server';
> load: 'Client'.
> Is safe installing anyway? Or there are some better way to install it?

Yes, the version in MetacelloRepository isn't working for any
combination of Pharo and Magma versions, so I proposed:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/magma/2010-August/001587.html

You can use that for installing it in a Pharo image.

Note that with the new Metacello features that Dale released a few days
ago this will be obsolete and more likely the MetacelloRepository will
work again. For the time being, use the directions of the previous link,
and when I have a little time to update the Magma Configuration with
Dale's features, I will announce it on this list.

Cheers

--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: Loading Magma in Pharo 1.1

Giuseppe
Hi Miguel,

Gofer new
        squeaksource: 'UniverseForPharo11';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfMagma';
        load.

Doesn't Works.
Error: Could not access http://www.squeaksource.com/UniverseForPharo12

Cheers.
Giuseppe Luigi
http://www.lordzealon.com

Re: Loading Magma in Pharo 1.1

Miguel Cobá
El jue, 11-11-2010 a las 20:34 +0100, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi escribió:

> Hi Miguel,
>
> Gofer new
> squeaksource: 'UniverseForPharo11';
> package: 'ConfigurationOfMagma';
> load.
>
> Doesn't Works.
> Error: Could not access http://www.squeaksource.com/UniverseForPharo12
>
> Cheers.

Sorry, I had forgotten that I was asked to not use Universe because of
the bad connotation it had so I renamed the repo to MetaRepoForPharo11
and MetaRepoForPharo12. I think that I sent a mail to the list with the
updated instructions. Again sorry for the bad link I sent you to.

So the correct invocation should be:

Gofer new
  squeaksource: 'MetaRepoForPharo11';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfMagma';
  load.

And then, one of:

ConfigurationOfMagma project latestVersion load: 'Client'.
ConfigurationOfMagma project latestVersion load: 'Server'.
ConfigurationOfMagma project latestVersion load: 'Tester'.

They are incremental so you don't need to load client and then server,
the server pulls the client automatically.

Hope this helps

--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Is safe installing anyway? Or there are some better way to install it?

Re: Loading Magma in Pharo 1.1

Giuseppe
Now installed cleanly.

Thanks a lot.

El mié, 10-11-2010 a las 10:20 -0600, Miguel Cobá escribió:

> El mié, 10-11-2010 a las 17:00 +0100, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi escribió:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I get a warning about dependencies of Flaptab installing Magma with:
> >
> > Gofer new
> >
> > squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
> > package: 'ConfigurationOfMagma';
> > load.
> > (Smalltalk at:#ConfigurationOfMagma)
> > project latestVersion
> > load: 'Server';
> > load: 'Client'.
> > Is safe installing anyway? Or there are some better way to install it?
>
> Yes, the version in MetacelloRepository isn't working for any
> combination of Pharo and Magma versions, so I proposed:
>
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/magma/2010-August/001587.html
>
> You can use that for installing it in a Pharo image.
>
> Note that with the new Metacello features that Dale released a few days
> ago this will be obsolete and more likely the MetacelloRepository will
> work again. For the time being, use the directions of the previous link,
> and when I have a little time to update the Magma Configuration with
> Dale's features, I will announce it on this list.
>
> Cheers

Giuseppe Luigi
http://www.lordzealon.com

Re: Loading Magma in Pharo 1.1

Chris Muller-3
For Magma 1.2 I will try to make a Squeak-compatibility /
Pharo-compatibility packages that will allow clean loading into both.