laheadle
Hello,

I am trying to load seaside into a fresh pharo4 image. If I load
ConfigurationOfSeaside3 from the configuration browser, and then
execute the following code:

(ConfigurationOfSeaside3 project version: #stable) load: 'ALL'.

It runs for a while, and then says,

This package depends on the following classes:
  WAServerAdaptorBrowser
  OBCommand
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
  cmdWebServerEnableSSLHandler
  WAWebServerSSLCommand
  addItemToMenu:
  execute
  group
  isActive
  isEnabled
  label

I proceed, to:

This package depends on the following classes:
  BlockContext
  ContextPart
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
  processHttpRequest:
  stackDo:

,

and then I get an error which I have not captured (sorry)...

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Lyn

Re: Loading Seaside in fresh pharo 4

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Lyn,

That is not right, it should work out of the box.

You can find some prebuilt CI images here:

https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Seaside/

I think you should not try to #load: 'ALL', try to just #load (for #load: 'default').

HTH,

Sven

> On 15 Oct 2015, at 21:42, Lyn Headley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to load seaside into a fresh pharo4 image. If I load
> ConfigurationOfSeaside3 from the configuration browser, and then
> execute the following code:
>
> (ConfigurationOfSeaside3 project version: #stable) load: 'ALL'.
>
> It runs for a while, and then says,
>
> This package depends on the following classes:
>   WAServerAdaptorBrowser
>   OBCommand
> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
>   cmdWebServerEnableSSLHandler
>   WAWebServerSSLCommand
>   addItemToMenu:
>   execute
>   group
>   isActive
>   isEnabled
>   label
>
> I proceed, to:
>
> This package depends on the following classes:
>   BlockContext
>   ContextPart
> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
>   processHttpRequest:
>   stackDo:
>

> ,
>
> and then I get an error which I have not captured (sorry)...
>
> Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
>
> Lyn

Re: Loading Seaside in fresh pharo 4

laheadle
Thank you Sven,

load: 'default' worked.

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Lyn,

That is not right, it should work out of the box.

You can find some prebuilt CI images here:

https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Seaside/

I think you should not try to #load: 'ALL', try to just #load (for #load: 'default').

HTH,

Sven

> On 15 Oct 2015, at 21:42, Lyn Headley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to load seaside into a fresh pharo4 image. If I load
> ConfigurationOfSeaside3 from the configuration browser, and then
> execute the following code:
>
> (ConfigurationOfSeaside3 project version: #stable) load: 'ALL'.
>
> It runs for a while, and then says,
>
> This package depends on the following classes:
>   WAServerAdaptorBrowser
>   OBCommand
> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
>   cmdWebServerEnableSSLHandler
>   WAWebServerSSLCommand
>   addItemToMenu:
>   execute
>   group
>   isActive
>   isEnabled
>   label
>
> I proceed, to:
>
> This package depends on the following classes:
>   BlockContext
>   ContextPart
> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
>   processHttpRequest:
>   stackDo:
>

> ,
>
> and then I get an error which I have not captured (sorry)...
>
> Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
>
> Lyn

Re: Loading Seaside in fresh pharo 4

Johan Brichau-2
Mind that ‘default’ is a very small set for Seaside 3.1

See the configuration’s groups for more packages.

On 16 Oct 2015, at 06:05, Lyn Headley <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you Sven,

load: 'default' worked.

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Lyn,

That is not right, it should work out of the box.

You can find some prebuilt CI images here:

https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Seaside/

I think you should not try to #load: 'ALL', try to just #load (for #load: 'default').

HTH,

Sven

> On 15 Oct 2015, at 21:42, Lyn Headley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to load seaside into a fresh pharo4 image. If I load
> ConfigurationOfSeaside3 from the configuration browser, and then
> execute the following code:
>
> (ConfigurationOfSeaside3 project version: #stable) load: 'ALL'.
>
> It runs for a while, and then says,
>
> This package depends on the following classes:
>   WAServerAdaptorBrowser
>   OBCommand
> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
>   cmdWebServerEnableSSLHandler
>   WAWebServerSSLCommand
>   addItemToMenu:
>   execute
>   group
>   isActive
>   isEnabled
>   label
>
> I proceed, to:
>
> This package depends on the following classes:
>   BlockContext
>   ContextPart
> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
>   processHttpRequest:
>   stackDo:
>

> ,
>
> and then I get an error which I have not captured (sorry)...
>
> Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
>
> Lyn

Re: Loading Seaside in fresh pharo 4

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 16 Oct 2015, at 09:14, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Mind that ‘default’ is a very small set for Seaside 3.1
>
> See the configuration’s groups for more packages.

What is the recommended group for beginners then ?

On 16 Oct 2015, at 10:33, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 16 Oct 2015, at 09:14, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

Mind that ‘default’ is a very small set for Seaside 3.1

See the configuration’s groups for more packages.

What is the recommended group for beginners then ?

I just published a new ConfigurationOfSeaside3 with a ‘OneClick’ group for current Seaside 3.1

Should have thought about that question before though….

cheers
Johan

Re: Loading Seaside in fresh pharo 4

laheadle
Still on this topic, sort of. My real goal is to create a nice Metacello configuration for my project so I can easily load it into a fresh pharo or Gemstone install. Currently getting a _different_ stack trace (looks like a lower level one, not a regular debugger) when I try to load the configuration into a fresh pharo 4 image. Do you see anything wrong with this piece where I define project 'Seaside3'?

spec
project: 'Seaside3'
with: [
spec
className: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside3';
versionString: #stable;
loads: #('default');

Or perhaps something else is wrong with my Configuration? I have enclosed the complete Metacello Configuration I am building as well as the stack trace.

baseline02: spec
"
(ConfigurationOfZDialog project version: '0.2-baseline') load.
"

<version: '0.2-baseline'>
spec
for: #common
do: [
spec blessing: #baseline.
spec repository: 'filetree:///home/laheadle/smalltalk/zdialog'.
spec
project: 'Seaside3'
with: [
spec
className: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside3';
versionString: #stable;
loads: #('default');
spec
project: 'PetitParser'
with: [
spec
className: 'ConfigurationOfPetitParser';
versionString: #stable;
loads: #('default');
spec
package: 'ZDialog-Core';
package: 'ZDialog-CAD';
package: 'ZDialog-Parser' with: [ spec requires: 'PetitParser' ];
package: 'ZDialog-Core-Tests' with: [ spec requires: 'ZDialog-Core' ];
package: 'ZDialog-Web' with: [ spec requires: #('Seaside3' 'ZDialog-Core') ] ]

------

MessageNotUnderstood: Array>>nsWriteStream
Array(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #nsWriteStream
Array(Collection)>>flatCollect:
Array(Collection)>>gather:
ProtocolOrganizer>>allMethods
AllProtocol>>methods
AllProtocol>>name
ProtocolOrganizer>>classify:inProtocolNamed:
ProtocolOrganizer>>classify:inProtocolNamed:suppressIfDefault:
ClassOrganization>>classify:under:suppressIfDefault:
ClassOrganization>>classify:under:
[ myClass organization classify: selector under: category ] in MethodAddition>>notifyObservers in Block: [ myClass organization classify: selector under: c...etc...
BlockClosure>>ensure:
SystemAnnouncer>>suspendAllWhile:
MethodAddition>>notifyObservers
[ :each | each notifyObservers ] in MCMultiPackageLoader(MCPackageLoader)>>basicLoadDefinitions in Block: [ :each | each notifyObservers ]
OrderedCollection>>do:
MCMultiPackageLoader(MCPackageLoader)>>basicLoadDefinitions
[ self basicLoadDefinitions ] in [ self handleLoadErrorsDuring: [ self basicLoadDefinitions ] ] in MCMultiPackageLoader(MCPackageLoader)>>basicLoad in Block: [ self basicLoadDefinitions ]
BlockClosure>>on:do:
aBlock
on: InMidstOfFileinNotification
do: [ :notification | notification resume: true ] ] in MCMultiPackageLoader(MCPackageLoader)>>handleLoadErrorsDuring: in Block: [ ...
BlockClosure>>on:do:
MCMultiPackageLoader(MCPackageLoader)>>handleLoadErrorsDuring:
[ self handleLoadErrorsDuring: [ self basicLoadDefinitions ] ] in MCMultiPackageLoader(MCPackageLoader)>>basicLoad in Block: [ self handleLoadErrorsDuring: [ self basicLoadDef...etc...
BlockClosure>>ensure:
MCMultiPackageLoader(MCPackageLoader)>>basicLoad
[ self basicLoad ] in MCMultiPackageLoader(MCPackageLoader)>>loadWithNameLike: in Block: [ self basicLoad ]
BlockClosure>>ensure:
MCMultiPackageLoader(MCPackageLoader)>>useChangeSetNamed:during:
MCMultiPackageLoader(MCPackageLoader)>>useNewChangeSetNamedLike:during:

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 7:16 AM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 16 Oct 2015, at 10:33, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 16 Oct 2015, at 09:14, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

Mind that ‘default’ is a very small set for Seaside 3.1

See the configuration’s groups for more packages.

What is the recommended group for beginners then ?

I just published a new ConfigurationOfSeaside3 with a ‘OneClick’ group for current Seaside 3.1

Should have thought about that question before though….

cheers
Johan

Re: Loading Seaside in fresh pharo 4

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 16-10-15 20:09, Lyn Headley wrote:
> Or perhaps something else is wrong with my Configuration? I have enclosed
> the complete Metacello Configuration I am building as well as the stack
> trace.

> project: 'PetitParser'
> with: [
> spec
> className: 'ConfigurationOfPetitParser';
> versionString: #stable;
> loads: #('default');
> repository: 'http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/petit' ].

The current repository for petitparser is
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/PetitParser/main

Stephan