Daniel Klein
First of all, do I really want to install Seaside into an existing image, or should I import my stuff into a dedicated Seaside image?

After opening the Repository on 'Seaside', from the Monticello browser, which version of Seaside to I take from the left column of the Repository? And then which one from the right column?

I'm assuming I want the latest 'stable' version. I think it's 3.0, but I don't see it in there?

I just took a look at the Seaside website and it looks like there is a 'one-click' install for Windows. Is this the best (recommended) way to get it? I don't mind doing things manually. Are there 'image' and 'changes' files that I can download without doing the 'one-click' thing?

Sorry for the barrage of questions. Perhaps just a simple answer will suffice.

Dan

Re: Loading Seaside into an existing image

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi daniel

It depends on what you want to do.
FOr my project I always like to start from a fresh image.

Now do it incrementally
        - take a seaide official image and make sure your code load with a script
        using Metacello (firs gofer then Metacello)
        - once you are fit there, you just use the metacello invocation to load seaside.

But do not go loading packages by hand. This is the way to get mad and frustrated :)

Stef

> First of all, do I really want to install Seaside into an existing image, or should I import my stuff into a dedicated Seaside image?
>
> After opening the Repository on 'Seaside', from the Monticello browser, which version of Seaside to I take from the left column of the Repository? And then which one from the right column?
>
> I'm assuming I want the latest 'stable' version. I think it's 3.0, but I don't see it in there?
>
> I just took a look at the Seaside website and it looks like there is a 'one-click' install for Windows. Is this the best (recommended) way to get it? I don't mind doing things manually. Are there 'image' and 'changes' files that I can download without doing the 'one-click' thing?
>
> Sorry for the barrage of questions. Perhaps just a simple answer will suffice.
>
> Dan

Re: Loading Seaside into an existing image

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Daniel. As stef said, I would go first for download a official Seaside one click image. At least, to get started. Once you are more familiar, you can see how easily you can install seaside  3.0 in your pharo image (the one you download from the pharo website).

There are few differences in the provided tools of the Seaside one click image and the pharo image. So, if you are already familiar with a pharo image, then you way want to install seaside there, which should be something like:

Gofer new
 squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
package: 'ConfigutationOfSeaside30';
load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) load.

Cheers

mariano