Igor Stasenko
There are multiple issues, when loading VMMaker into closure-aware
image (10292).

two #needsToRegenerateInterpreterFile methods
storing into block args. Fix is easy and quick.

But what to do with this??

Compiler reporting 'stack including temps is too deep'.

GeniePlugin>>primSameClassAbsoluteStrokeDistanceMyPoints: myPointsOop
otherPoints: otherPointsOop myVectors: myVectorsOop otherVectors:
otherVectorsOop mySquaredLengths: mySquaredLengthsOop
otherSquaredLengths: otherSquaredLengthsOop myAngles: myAnglesOop
otherAngles: otherAnglesOop maxSizeAndReferenceFlag: maxSizeAndRefFlag
rowBase: rowBaseOop rowInsertRemove: rowInsertRemoveOop
rowInsertRemoveCount: rowInsertRemoveCountOop

(yes, this is a method's message pattern) :)

i stopped trying to load VMMaker at this method.

It would be nice to have VMMaker loaded in image+closures running
under VM+closures :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Loading VMMaker into latest Pharo

Stéphane Ducasse

> There are multiple issues, when loading VMMaker into closure-aware
> image (10292).
>
> two #needsToRegenerateInterpreterFile methods
> storing into block args. Fix is easy and quick.
>
> But what to do with this??
>
> Compiler reporting 'stack including temps is too deep'.
>
> GeniePlugin>>primSameClassAbsoluteStrokeDistanceMyPoints: myPointsOop
> otherPoints: otherPointsOop myVectors: myVectorsOop otherVectors:
> otherVectorsOop mySquaredLengths: mySquaredLengthsOop
> otherSquaredLengths: otherSquaredLengthsOop myAngles: myAnglesOop
> otherAngles: otherAnglesOop maxSizeAndReferenceFlag: maxSizeAndRefFlag
> rowBase: rowBaseOop rowInsertRemove: rowInsertRemoveOop
> rowInsertRemoveCount: rowInsertRemoveCountOop

indeed you really see why nathanael turned it into a primitive :)

> (yes, this is a method's message pattern) :)
>
> i stopped trying to load VMMaker at this method.
>
> It would be nice to have VMMaker loaded in image+closures running
> under VM+closures :)

yes

2009/4/30 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:

>> There are multiple issues, when loading VMMaker into closure-aware
>> image (10292).
>>
>> two #needsToRegenerateInterpreterFile methods
>> storing into block args. Fix is easy and quick.
>>
>> But what to do with this??
>>
>> Compiler reporting 'stack including temps is too deep'.
>>
>> GeniePlugin>>primSameClassAbsoluteStrokeDistanceMyPoints: myPointsOop
>> otherPoints: otherPointsOop myVectors: myVectorsOop otherVectors:
>> otherVectorsOop mySquaredLengths: mySquaredLengthsOop
>> otherSquaredLengths: otherSquaredLengthsOop myAngles: myAnglesOop
>> otherAngles: otherAnglesOop maxSizeAndReferenceFlag: maxSizeAndRefFlag
>> rowBase: rowBaseOop rowInsertRemove: rowInsertRemoveOop
>> rowInsertRemoveCount: rowInsertRemoveCountOop
>
> indeed you really see why nathanael turned it into a primitive :)

i value my brain cells too much, to avoid attempt to understand what it does :)

>> (yes, this is a method's message pattern) :)
>>
>> i stopped trying to load VMMaker at this method.
>>
>> It would be nice to have VMMaker loaded in image+closures running
>> under VM+closures :)
>
> yes
>>

>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: [Vm-dev] Loading VMMaker into latest Pharo

David T. Lewis
On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 06:43:00PM +0300, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> There are multiple issues, when loading VMMaker into closure-aware
> image (10292).
>
> two #needsToRegenerateInterpreterFile methods
> storing into block args. Fix is easy and quick.

The easy and quick fix is in VMMaker-dtl.121 on SqS.

Dave