Sanjay Minni
Hi I am trying to load one of our packages which is up and running in Pharo
6.1 in Pharo-7.0.0.RC1
(Pharo 7.0.0.RC1 32bit in Win 10)

It gets stuck at Loading Zinc-Character-Encoding-Tests-Sven....43,
the environment freezes no further messages.
I tried loading only ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents in a fresh image -
same result (loading 2.9.2 of Conf...ZincHTTP...)

how to get around this

regards

-----
---
Regards, Sanjay

cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Loading ZincHTTPComponents iget stuck in Pharo 7.0.0.RC1-32 bit in Win 10

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
For Pharo 7 you need to load #bleedingEdge

Or better still, the baseline in https://github.com/svenvc/zinc

See the Travis CI build there

> On 18 Nov 2018, at 06:41, Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi I am trying to load one of our packages which is up and running in Pharo
> 6.1 in Pharo-7.0.0.RC1
> (Pharo 7.0.0.RC1 32bit in Win 10)
>
> It gets stuck at Loading Zinc-Character-Encoding-Tests-Sven....43,
> the environment freezes no further messages.
> I tried loading only ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents in a fresh image -
> same result (loading 2.9.2 of Conf...ZincHTTP...)
>
> how to get around this
>
> regards
>

> -----
> ---
> Regards, Sanjay

Re: Loading ZincHTTPComponents iget stuck in Pharo 7.0.0.RC1-32 bit in Win 10

NorbertHartl
btw. is there a reason there is no version for the code that runs in pharo7?

Norbert

> Am 18.11.2018 um 08:53 schrieb Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]>:
>
> For Pharo 7 you need to load #bleedingEdge
>
> Or better still, the baseline in https://github.com/svenvc/zinc
>
> See the Travis CI build there
>
>> On 18 Nov 2018, at 06:41, Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi I am trying to load one of our packages which is up and running in Pharo
>> 6.1 in Pharo-7.0.0.RC1
>> (Pharo 7.0.0.RC1 32bit in Win 10)
>>
>> It gets stuck at Loading Zinc-Character-Encoding-Tests-Sven....43,
>> the environment freezes no further messages.
>> I tried loading only ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents in a fresh image -
>> same result (loading 2.9.2 of Conf...ZincHTTP...)
>>
>> how to get around this
>>
>> regards
>>

>> -----
>> ---
>> Regards, Sanjay
>> --
>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html

Re: Loading ZincHTTPComponents iget stuck in Pharo 7.0.0.RC1-32 bit in Win 10

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 19 Nov 2018, at 08:43, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> btw. is there a reason there is no version for the code that runs in pharo7?

I am switching to GitHub, I did not yet come around to doing an older stable version. I'll try to do one later, but I am not yet finished with all the changes that I want to do. Don't forget that Pharo 7 is a moving target.