Joachim Geidel
Hi,

When I load the bundle „JNIPort Prerequisites“ version 2.0 from my local Store repository into a virgin image using the „atomic loader", the following messages appear in the Transcript:

Autoloading AT Parser Compiler from $(VISUALWORKS)/advanced/ATParserCompiler.pcl

Only three packages are loaded, the bundle has no comment, no copyright notice, and its properties are empty. When I load it again, the load completes, and all the packages and properties are in the image.

The fourth package in the load order of the bundle is „JNIPort-External“. It contains some class extensions for DLLCC classes, but none of the classes has a special compilerClass. The fifth package is „JNIPort-StandardLibInterface“. It contains a subclass of ExternalInterface. Both the bundle and „JNIPort-StandardLibInterface“ have DLLCC as a prerequisite. DLLCC 7.10 - 1 has been auto-loaded from my local Store repository.

The prerequisite loading policy is „Search bundles and packages first“. When I set it to „Search parcels first“, or when I load DLLCC separately before loading the bundle, or when I switch off the „atomic loader“, the bundle is loaded correctly. The bundle is also loaded correctly when I load it from the „JNIPort Prerequisites“ parcel in the contributions/JNIPort directory.

The behavior is the same in 7.10.1, 7.9.1, 7.8.1 and in the latest development build.

Best regards
Joachim Geidel

My OpenPGP Key: 29F88108 available from hkp://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net

Re: Loading a bundle from Store fails when using atomic loader

jarober
Have you tried with atomic load/analysis off?  IME, Atomic Load simply isn't as stable as standard load.  Last two projects I've been on, I've had to turn it off in order to get master bundles to load cleanly.

On Apr 14, 2014, at 3:13 AM, Joachim Geidel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I load the bundle „JNIPort Prerequisites“ version 2.0 from my local Store repository into a virgin image using the „atomic loader", the following messages appear in the Transcript:
>
> Autoloading AT Parser Compiler from $(VISUALWORKS)/advanced/ATParserCompiler.pcl
>
> Only three packages are loaded, the bundle has no comment, no copyright notice, and its properties are empty. When I load it again, the load completes, and all the packages and properties are in the image.
>
> The fourth package in the load order of the bundle is „JNIPort-External“. It contains some class extensions for DLLCC classes, but none of the classes has a special compilerClass. The fifth package is „JNIPort-StandardLibInterface“. It contains a subclass of ExternalInterface. Both the bundle and „JNIPort-StandardLibInterface“ have DLLCC as a prerequisite. DLLCC 7.10 - 1 has been auto-loaded from my local Store repository.
>
> The prerequisite loading policy is „Search bundles and packages first“. When I set it to „Search parcels first“, or when I load DLLCC separately before loading the bundle, or when I switch off the „atomic loader“, the bundle is loaded correctly. The bundle is also loaded correctly when I load it from the „JNIPort Prerequisites“ parcel in the contributions/JNIPort directory.
>
> The behavior is the same in 7.10.1, 7.9.1, 7.8.1 and in the latest development build.
>
> Best regards
> Joachim Geidel
>
> My OpenPGP Key: 29F88108 available from hkp://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net

James Robertson
http://www.jarober.com

Re: Loading a bundle from Store fails when using atomicloader

Steven Kelly
Just to throw my own experience into the conversation: I've found atomic
load/analysis to be stable, but just not to cope with as wide a range of
bundle structures and contents. We turn it off just on certain bundles that
can't load otherwise. Things may improve in subsequent versions, but so far
they've stayed pretty much the same in our case.

Steve

Hi James,

Am 14.04.2014 um 19:31 schrieb James Robertson <[hidden email]>:
> Have you tried with atomic load/analysis off?  IME, Atomic Load simply isn't as stable as standard load.  Last two projects I've been on, I've had to turn it off in order to get master bundles to load cleanly.

yes, as I wrote, I tried it without the atomic loader, and this solves the problem, just as loading DLLCC upfront solves it, too. I posted this because it is a reproducible scenario which might help Cincom to solve the problem with the atomic loader.

Joachim

Re: Loading a bundle from Store fails when using atomic loader

Tom Robinson-4
Hi Joachim,

Is there anything different about the JNIPort Prerequisites 2.0 in your
repository and the one in the Open repository?  I can't find a
dependency on AT Parser Compiler...

On 4/14/14, 12:07 PM, Joachim Geidel wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> Am 14.04.2014 um 19:31 schrieb James Robertson <[hidden email]>:
>> Have you tried with atomic load/analysis off?  IME, Atomic Load simply isn't as stable as standard load.  Last two projects I've been on, I've had to turn it off in order to get master bundles to load cleanly.
> yes, as I wrote, I tried it without the atomic loader, and this solves the problem, just as loading DLLCC upfront solves it, too. I posted this because it is a reproducible scenario which might help Cincom to solve the problem with the atomic loader.
>
> Joachim

Re: Loading a bundle from Store fails when using atomic loader

Joachim Geidel
Hi Tom,

DLLCC has it as a prerequisite for Store only. The JNIPort version in the public repository is a replicate of the one in my repository.

HTH
Joachim

On 16. April 2014 18:15:04 MESZ, Tom Robinson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Joachim,

Is there anything different about the JNIPort Prerequisites 2.0 in your
repository and the one in the Open repository? I can't find a
dependency on AT Parser Compiler...

On 4/14/14, 12:07 PM, Joachim Geidel wrote:
Hi James,

Am 14.04.2014 um 19:31 schrieb James Robertson <[hidden email]>:
Have you tried with atomic load/analysis off? IME, Atomic Load simply isn't as stable as standard load. Last two projects I've been on, I've had to turn it off in order to get master bundles to load cleanly.
yes, as I wrote, I tried it without the atomic loader, and this solves the problem, just as loading DLLCC upfront solves it, too. I posted this because it is a reproducible scenario which might help Cincom to solve the problem with the atomic loader.

Joachim

vwnc mailing list