Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
I am new to Pharo and sent my first message a couple of days ago. Thanks for the help.  I did a clone of Teapot and had to move the source to my server (because the company doesn't allow it to have Internet access.)  So now I have a /tmp/Teapot and want to load it into Pharo.

I've tried using Metacello and using "filetree:" ; "directory" ; "directory with subdirectories" and I can't seem to load it.  When I try to use Iceberg and "import from existing clone" and select either "/tmp/Teapot" or "/tmp/Teapot/source" it gives me an "AssertionFailure: Project location does not seem to be a valid git repository."  Even though /tmp/.git exists.

Re: Loading a local repository

Ben Coman

On Sat, 23 May 2020 at 00:06, G B via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am new to Pharo and sent my first message a couple of days ago. Thanks for the help.  I did a clone of Teapot and had to move the source to my server (because the company doesn't allow it to have Internet access.)  So now I have a /tmp/Teapot and want to load it into Pharo.

I've tried using Metacello and using "filetree:" ; "directory" ; "directory with subdirectories" and I can't seem to load it.  When I try to use Iceberg and "import from existing clone" and select either "/tmp/Teapot" or "/tmp/Teapot/source" it gives me an "AssertionFailure: Project location does not seem to be a valid git repository."  Even though /tmp/.git exists.

Which Teapot repo did you clone?

cheers -ben

cheers -ben

cheers -ben

Re: Loading a local repository

Patrick

Point iceberg (add project) to your local disk where you put the zeroflag.
Iceberg just need the folder because after it will use the metadata of the project and it should work.

S.

From: G B <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Pharo-users] Loading a local repository
Date: 22 May 2020 at 21:53:42 CEST
To: Any question about pharo is welcome <[hidden email]>, Ben Coman <[hidden email]>

On Friday, May 22, 2020, 2:31:22 PM CDT, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sat, 23 May 2020 at 00:06, G B via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am new to Pharo and sent my first message a couple of days ago. Thanks for the help.  I did a clone of Teapot and had to move the source to my server (because the company doesn't allow it to have Internet access.)  So now I have a /tmp/Teapot and want to load it into Pharo.

I've tried using Metacello and using "filetree:" ; "directory" ; "directory with subdirectories" and I can't seem to load it.  When I try to use Iceberg and "import from existing clone" and select either "/tmp/Teapot" or "/tmp/Teapot/source" it gives me an "AssertionFailure: Project location does not seem to be a valid git repository."  Even though /tmp/.git exists.

Which Teapot repo did you clone?

cheers -ben

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Aurore Dalle
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Re: Loading a local repository

From: G B <[hidden email]>
Subject: Loading a local repository
Date: 22 May 2020 at 18:05:35 CEST
To: Any Question About Pharo Is Welcome <[hidden email]>

I am new to Pharo and sent my first message a couple of days ago. Thanks for the help.  I did a clone of Teapot and had to move the source to my server (because the company doesn't allow it to have Internet access.)  So now I have a /tmp/Teapot and want to load it into Pharo.

I've tried using Metacello and using "filetree:" ; "directory" ; "directory with subdirectories" and I can't seem to load it.  When I try to use Iceberg and "import from existing clone" and select either "/tmp/Teapot" or "/tmp/Teapot/source" it gives me an "AssertionFailure: Project location does not seem to be a valid git repository."  Even though /tmp/.git exists.

I checked and zeroflag/teapot has the correct metadata

and

s.

On Sat, 23 May 2020 at 03:53, G B <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Friday, May 22, 2020, 2:31:22 PM CDT, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sat, 23 May 2020 at 00:06, G B via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am new to Pharo and sent my first message a couple of days ago. Thanks for the help.  I did a clone of Teapot and had to move the source to my server (because the company doesn't allow it to have Internet access.)  So now I have a /tmp/Teapot and want to load it into Pharo.

I've tried using Metacello and using "filetree:" ; "directory" ; "directory with subdirectories" and I can't seem to load it.

This is Tonel format, not Filetree.  (btw, Tonel is a class-per-file whereas Filetree is a method-per-file)

Try what Stef said.

cheers -ben