Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Loading a local repository

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
I am new to Pharo and sent my first message a couple of days ago. Thanks for the help.  I did a clone of Teapot and had to move the source to my server (because the company doesn't allow it to have Internet access.)  So now I have a /tmp/Teapot and want to load it into Pharo. 

I've tried using Metacello and using "filetree:" ; "directory" ; "directory with subdirectories" and I can't seem to load it.  When I try to use Iceberg and "import from existing clone" and select either "/tmp/Teapot" or "/tmp/Teapot/source" it gives me an "AssertionFailure: Project location does not seem to be a valid git repository."  Even though /tmp/.git exists.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Loading a local repository

Ben Coman

On Sat, 23 May 2020 at 00:06, G B via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am new to Pharo and sent my first message a couple of days ago. Thanks for the help.  I did a clone of Teapot and had to move the source to my server (because the company doesn't allow it to have Internet access.)  So now I have a /tmp/Teapot and want to load it into Pharo. 

I've tried using Metacello and using "filetree:" ; "directory" ; "directory with subdirectories" and I can't seem to load it.  When I try to use Iceberg and "import from existing clone" and select either "/tmp/Teapot" or "/tmp/Teapot/source" it gives me an "AssertionFailure: Project location does not seem to be a valid git repository."  Even though /tmp/.git exists.

Which Teapot repo did you clone?

cheers -ben 
Reply | Threaded
|

https://github.com/zeroflag/Teapot

On Friday, May 22, 2020, 2:31:22 PM CDT, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:

cheers -ben 
Reply | Threaded
|

I tried it at home and it worked, so it was something wrong at work. I'll check Tuesday. Thanks.

On Friday, May 22, 2020, 2:54:28 PM CDT, G B via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

https://github.com/zeroflag/Teapot

cheers -ben 
Reply | Threaded
|

Stéphane Ducasse
In reply to this post by Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Patrick

Point iceberg (add project) to your local disk where you put the zeroflag.
Iceberg just need the folder because after it will use the metadata of the project and it should work. 

S. 

On 22 May 2020, at 21:53, G B <[hidden email]> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Pharo-users] Loading a local repository
Date: 22 May 2020 at 21:53:42 CEST
To: Any question about pharo is welcome <[hidden email]>, Ben Coman <[hidden email]>

cheers -ben 

--------------------------------------------
Stéphane Ducasse
03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Aurore Dalle 
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley, 
Parc Scientifique de la Haute Borne, Bât.A, Park Plaza
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Reply | Threaded
|

Stéphane Ducasse
In reply to this post by Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list

Subject: Loading a local repository
Date: 22 May 2020 at 18:05:35 CEST
To: Any Question About Pharo Is Welcome <[hidden email]>

I checked and zeroflag/teapot has the correct metadata

and 

s.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ben Coman
In reply to this post by Ben Coman

On Sat, 23 May 2020 at 03:53, G B <[hidden email]> wrote:

I've tried using Metacello and using "filetree:" ; "directory" ; "directory with subdirectories" and I can't seem to load it. 

This is Tonel format, not Filetree.  (btw, Tonel is a class-per-file whereas Filetree is a method-per-file)

Try what Stef said.

cheers -ben

When I try to use Iceberg and "import from existing clone" and select either "/tmp/Teapot" or "/tmp/Teapot/source" it gives me an "AssertionFailure: Project location does not seem to be a valid git repository."  Even though /tmp/.git exists.

cheers -ben