Offray
Hi,

I'm trying to get a more beauty and familiar interface for my
grafoscopio project using Spec, now that is integrated with GT-Tools,
and I remember that someone here (maybe Peter) shared a project to
import new icons on Pharo, but I can't find the mail again. I have
searched online without much help and [1] seems not working properly.
Could someone point me to the proper way to load more icons in the Pharo
interface besides the default ones?

[1] http://www.squeaksource.com/ExternalIconFamily/

Thanks,

Offray

Re: Loading external Icons

Peter Uhnak
http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~peteruhnak/IconFactory

I think it is also loadable from Catalog Browser.

Peter

On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 9:07 PM, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to get a more beauty and familiar interface for my grafoscopio project using Spec, now that is integrated with GT-Tools, and I remember that someone here (maybe Peter) shared a project to import new icons on Pharo, but I can't find the mail again. I have searched online without much help and [1] seems not working properly. Could someone point me to the proper way to load more icons in the Pharo interface besides the default ones?

[1] http://www.squeaksource.com/ExternalIconFamily/

Thanks,

Offray

Re: Loading external Icons

CyrilFerlicot
Le 06/09/2015 21:07, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get a more beauty and familiar interface for my
> grafoscopio project using Spec, now that is integrated with GT-Tools,
> and I remember that someone here (maybe Peter) shared a project to
> import new icons on Pharo, but I can't find the mail again. I have
> searched online without much help and [1] seems not working properly.
> Could someone point me to the proper way to load more icons in the Pharo
> interface besides the default ones?

I think you are looking for Esteban's icons

http://smallworks.eu/web/blog/2015-04-30-idea-icon-pack-for-pharo

http://forum.world.st/ANN-Idea-icon-pack-now-in-Configuration-Browser-td4823135.html

> [1] http://www.squeaksource.com/ExternalIconFamily/
>
> Thanks,
>
> Offray

Re: Loading external Icons

Offray
Thanks Ferlicot and Peter,

I think that I will use a combined strategy, changing the icons to the IntelliJ ones packaged by Esteban and using Peter's approach when no icon is suited for my needs. By the way, changing the icons gave me some strange behavior. The first one is that when I explore the icons, I see some of them which has no name or image, only a long string, like you can see here:

and the second issue is that smallSaveIcon and smallSaveAs are the same.

Thanks for this icon set. I think is a lot better that the ones that comes by default.

Cheers,

Offray

On 06/09/15 14:29, Ferlicot D. Cyril wrote:
[...]

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your quick answer :-)

I got this message when I made the step 3 in [a].

[a] http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~peteruhnak/IconFactory

I will proceed, but is the first time I got this one... I wonder if is related in someway with IconFactory.

Cheers,

Offray

On 06/09/15 14:28, Peter Uhnák wrote:
[...]

I've never seen this either. How many/how big are the files you are loading?
It stores the icons as methods, so if you have 100 MB image it will take a lot (~133 MB) of space.

Peter