Lord ZealoN
Hi guys.

I have a question about the load time of squeak.

The first run time is large. Is possible thath the VM shows a "Loading Squeak!!"?? And bette if is possible a custom message....

Other question is...is possible change the icon and name of the Squeak Window?

Thanks

Re: "Loading.." feature

Jon Hylands
On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 12:05:56 +0100, "Lord ZealoN" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> The first run time is large. Is possible thath the VM shows a "Loading
> Squeak!!"?? And bette if is possible a custom message....

If you drag & drop the image file on top of the VM, the load time is much
faster.

Later,
Jon
   Jon Hylands      [hidden email]      http://www.huv.com/jon

           http://www.huv.com

Re: "Loading.." feature

Lord ZealoN
Ok, i will try. And can you use the image as parameter for squeak.exe?

But, is possible this message?

wrote:

> The first run time is large. Is possible thath the VM shows a "Loading
> Squeak!!"?? And bette if is possible a custom message....

If you drag & drop the image file on top of the VM, the load time is much
faster.

Later,
Jon
   Jon Hylands      [hidden email]      http://www.huv.com/jon

           http://www.huv.com

Re: "Loading.." feature

Jon Hylands
On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 13:13:03 +0100, "Lord ZealoN" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Ok, i will try. And can you use the image as parameter for squeak.exe?

What I normally do is put the VM and associated files under "c:\Program
Files\Squeak\", and then associate .image with that executable. Then you
can just double-click the image, and everyone's happy...

The files (for the Squeak directory) are:

Squeak.exe
SqueakFFIPrims.dll
Squeak.ini
SqueakV3.sources

Later,
Jon
   Jon Hylands      [hidden email]      http://www.huv.com/jon

           http://www.huv.com

Re: "Loading.." feature

Lord ZealoN
I tried and is very fast, is impressive.

And, about the icon and window text Squeak? I don't like de squeak logo sorry :S

wrote:

> Ok, i will try. And can you use the image as parameter for squeak.exe?

What I normally do is put the VM and associated files under "c:\Program
Files\Squeak\", and then associate .image with that executable. Then you
can just double-click the image, and everyone's happy...

The files (for the Squeak directory) are:

Squeak.exe
SqueakFFIPrims.dll
Squeak.ini
SqueakV3.sources

Later,
Jon
   Jon Hylands      [hidden email]      http://www.huv.com/jon

           http://www.huv.com

Re[2]: "Loading.." feature

Herbert König
Hello Lord,

LZ> And, about the icon and window text Squeak? I don't like de squeak logo sorry :S

use any old resource editor and we had a discussion with more clever
replies on the topic here some time ago.

Gmane might help.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]