Janko Mivšek
Dear all,

Aida 6.0 can now be loaded in Pharo with this script:

  Gofer new
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfAida';
    load.

  ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAida) project version: '6.0') load.

Thanks Dale for providing us the ConfigurationOfAida on

        http://www.squeakRepository.com/MetacelloRepository.html

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: Loading in Pharo with Gopher/Metacello

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi folks. I am new in this mailing list, so I will present myself. I am Mariano Martinez Peck and I am mostly work with Pharo. I am from Argentina and I like football :)  Now, living in France.

I am taking care of building the Pharo images. Part of this include testing that most of the important frameworks load perfect in that image.

This will be included in the Welcome workspace of the next Pharo image :)

Cheers

Mariano

2010/1/30 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>
Dear all,

Aida 6.0 can now be loaded in Pharo with this script:

 Gofer new
   squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
   package: 'ConfigurationOfAida';
   load.

 ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAida) project version: '6.0') load.

Thanks Dale for providing us the ConfigurationOfAida on

       http://www.squeakRepository.com/MetacelloRepository.html

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Loading in Pharo with Gopher/Metacello

Janko Mivšek
Hi Mariano,

Welcome to the list and let me thank you immediatelly for all your
energy you brought to the Smalltalk world recently! We can obviously
expect much much more in the near future :)

About loading packages, try to load both ConfigurationOfAida and
ConfigurationOfSeaside30Swazoo (exist already?) to check, how both
frameworks works side by side on the same Swazoo server. We managed to
achieve that on old squeak-web images, so it should be done now too.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Loading in Pharo with Gopher/Metacello

Herbert König
Hi Mariano,

welcome here.

MMP> I am taking care of building the Pharo images. Part of this

I didn't know that, is this new? Will SqueakDBX switch to be PharoDBX?

MMP> include testing that most of the important frameworks load
MMP> perfect in that image.
MMP> This will be included in the Welcome workspace of the next Pharo image :)

Good for us though I feel Pharo people are firmly attached to
seaside :-)) Thanks.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Loading in Pharo with Gopher/Metacello

Dale

----- "Janko Mivšek" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Hi Mariano,
|
| Welcome to the list and let me thank you immediatelly for all your
| energy you brought to the Smalltalk world recently! We can obviously
| expect much much more in the near future :)
|
| About loading packages, try to load both ConfigurationOfAida and
| ConfigurationOfSeaside30Swazoo (exist already?) to check, how both
| frameworks works side by side on the same Swazoo server. We managed to
| achieve that on old squeak-web images, so it should be done now too.

ConfigurationOfAida and ConfigurationOfSeaside30 into the same image. The latest version of ConfigurationOfSeaside30 loads both Swazoo2 and Kom by default. Aida 6.0 and Seaside 3.0 share the same version of Swazoo...

Dale

2010/1/31 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>
Hi Mariano,

Welcome to the list and let me thank you immediatelly for all your
energy you brought to the Smalltalk world recently!

Thanks a lot Janko. The same to you, although that the "recently" may refer to the last....mmm... 15 years ? ;)

We can obviously
expect much much more in the near future :)

hahahahah I will be 3 years doing PhD with Stef, Marcus, Noury and Luc, so at least, for 3 years more I will be bothering around :)

About loading packages, try to load both ConfigurationOfAida and
ConfigurationOfSeaside30Swazoo (exist already?) to check, how both
frameworks works side by side on the same Swazoo server. We managed to
achieve that on old squeak-web images, so it should be done now too.

No problem. So you want to check what I was going to include in the welcome workspace? right now I have:

"There is also a excellent web framework called Aida/Web. AIDA/Web is a Smalltalk web application framework for building complex web applications with graph-like and tree-like control flow, integrated Ajax support, rich collection of web components to build web pages programatically, MVC-like separation of web presentation from domain, REST-like nice looking and bookmarkable url links, with integrated session and security management, a Swazoo web server and many more. For more details, visit: http://www.aidaweb.si/

To install Aida/Web evaluate the following code: "

 Gofer new
   squeaksource: ''MetacelloRepository'';
   package: ''ConfigurationOfAida'';
   load.

 ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAida) project version: ''6.0'') load.    "

Please, feel free to change it as you wish and let me know.

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Loading in Pharo with Gopher/Metacello

Mariano Martinez Peck

2010/1/31 Herbert König <[hidden email]>
Hi Mariano,

welcome here.

MMP> I am taking care of building the Pharo images. Part of this

I didn't know that, is this new?

Since one or 2 months.

Will SqueakDBX switch to be PharoDBX?

No no no. Please, don't misunderstood. I am not working with Squeak anymore, but that doesn't mean SqueakDBX is only working on Pharo. It should also work in Squeak (if it doesn't, please let me know and I will fix it). I though several times to rename SqueakDBX, but not to PharoDBX, but to something more general. In addition, Marcelo Cortez port it (in less than a week) to Dolphin smalltalk. But...changing the name takes a lot of time and effort that I don't have :(

MMP> include testing that most of the important frameworks load
MMP> perfect in that image.
MMP> This will be included in the Welcome workspace of the next Pharo image :)

Good for us though I feel Pharo people are firmly attached to
seaside :-)) Thanks.

No. It seems several people though the same as you, but they are totally wrong. The situation is the same as SqueakDBX and Squeak and Pharo. It works in both. The only difference is that the SqueaDBX team is developing in Pharo. The same with seaside people. They are developing in Pharo. That's why it is easier to build Pharo images with Seaside, because they even use Pharo to develop seaside in itself. That's the only difference in the relation between Pharo with Seaside and you.

Now, we even don't create the famous PharoWeb (SqueakWeb) images anymore. I was the one to suggest that and one of my reasons (although not the main) was exactly not to couple Pharo to Seaside. You can read my thread here:
http://n4.nabble.com/What-about-killing-PharoWeb-images-tp1297281p1297281.html

Now, using Metacello configurations you can load whatever you want in the image you want (Pharo core or PharoDev). In the pharo dev, we have a welcome workspace to the description of the most common projects and how to install them. There are Seaside, Pier, Magritte, Magma, O2, Moose, GemTools and now it will be Aida too.

On 31. 01. 2010 20:16, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

>     Welcome to the list and let me thank you immediatelly for all your
>     energy you brought to the Smalltalk world recently!
>
> Thanks a lot Janko. The same to you, although that the "recently" may
> refer to the last....mmm... 15 years ? ;)

Hehe, well, not a whole time, I also spent some time to earn for eating,
with Smalltalk the web style of course :)

> No problem. So you want to check what I was going to include in the
> welcome workspace? right now I have:
>
> "There is also a excellent web framework called Aida/Web. AIDA/Web is a
> Smalltalk web application framework for building complex web
> applications with graph-like and tree-like control flow, integrated Ajax
> support, rich collection of web components to build web pages
> programatically, MVC-like separation of web presentation from domain,
> REST-like nice looking and bookmarkable url links, with integrated
> session and security management, a Swazoo web server and many more. For
> more details, visit: http://www.aidaweb.si/
>
> To install Aida/Web evaluate the following code: "
>
>  Gofer new
>    squeaksource: ''MetacelloRepository'';
>    package: ''ConfigurationOfAida'';
>    load.
>
>  ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAida) project version: ''6.0'') load.    "

It seems ok for me. Let me try prepare that Scrib conf too. Well, soon...

Best regards
Janko