Damien Pollet
MessageNotUnderstood: MACachedBuilder>>modified:

When loading Magritte-Model-lr.219.mcz ...

Also, coming from the CVS/SVN kind of version control systems, I'm
quite troubled by MC...
- Is there a specific order to load package versions ?
- are there dependancies between versions ?
- what is the equivalent of apt-get update && apt-get -f dist-upgrade ?

Stef, I think I need a day-to-day-Squeak tutorial :)

--
 Damien Pollet
 type less, do more

Re: Loading latest Magritte fails, understanding MC

Damien Pollet
> When loading Magritte-Model-lr.219.mcz ...

Actually I could load up until 195, 196 pops that MNU message
--
 Damien Pollet
 type less, do more

Re: Loading latest Magritte fails, understanding MC

Lukas Renggli-2
> MessageNotUnderstood: MACachedBuilder>>modified:
>
> When loading Magritte-Model-lr.219.mcz ...

Some versions I publish break backward compatibility, even-tough I
try to avoid that as much as possible. If there is no other clean way
to do it, then I usually give detailled instructions in the mailing
list how to migrate:

See the following URL for your particular problem:

<http://www.iam.unibe.ch/pipermail/smallwiki/2006-April/001790.html>

> Also, coming from the CVS/SVN kind of version control systems, I'm
> quite troubled by MC...
> - Is there a specific order to load package versions ?

For my projects it is always the same: model first, view next, and at
last the tests. So for Magritte the order would be: Magritte-Model,
Magritte-Seaside, Magritte-Morph, Magritte-Tests.

> - are there dependancies between versions ?

Yes, but Monticello is not really able to model that. See the
dependencies of the empty package Magritte-All for snapshot from my
image. Usually it is a good practice to simply load the latest
versions, or maybe in your case load the version from SqueakMap.

> - what is the equivalent of apt-get update && apt-get -f dist-
> upgrade ?

Sorry, I only know "emerge sync && emerge -uD world" ;-)

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Loading latest Magritte fails, understanding MC

Damien Pollet
> <http://www.iam.unibe.ch/pipermail/smallwiki/2006-April/001790.html>

Well, I still get the MNU from AnObsoleteMAMethodBuilder...

> For my projects it is always the same: model first, view next, and at

What happens if break that order ?

> > - are there dependancies between versions ?
>
> Yes, but Monticello is not really able to model that. See the
> dependencies of the empty package Magritte-All for snapshot from my
> image. Usually it is a good practice to simply load the latest
> versions, or maybe in your case load the version from SqueakMap.
>
> > - what is the equivalent of apt-get update && apt-get -f dist-
> > upgrade ?
>
> Sorry, I only know "emerge sync && emerge -uD world" ;-)
<troll> I got sick of portage dying after 45mins of sync'ing :P </troll>

--
 Damien Pollet
 type less, do more

Re: Loading latest Magritte fails, understanding MC

Lukas Renggli-2
>> <http://www.iam.unibe.ch/pipermail/smallwiki/2006-April/001790.html>
>
> Well, I still get the MNU from AnObsoleteMAMethodBuilder...

Yeah, you have to do that *before* you load the new implementation.
You image has now a broken change-notification that you need to fix
manually :-/

>> For my projects it is always the same: model first, view next, and at
>
> What happens if break that order ?

If you load them in the wrong order into a fresh image Monticello
will complain about missing classes and not allow to load the code.
For a working image with older versions loaded it will probably just
work, of course this depends on the actual changes. Check-out the
Monticello and Squeak Mailing Lists to learn about Squeak packaging
and versioning.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

On 6/13/06, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yeah, you have to do that *before* you load the new implementation.
> You image has now a broken change-notification that you need to fix
> manually :-/

I guess I better extract my changes and put them back in a fresh image
(or start from scratch even)...

--
 Damien Pollet
 type less, do more

Re: Loading latest Magritte fails, understanding MC

Damien Pollet
> I guess I better extract my changes and put them back in a fresh image
> (or start from scratch even)...

Well I did that, and applied the MADescriptionBuilder initialize.
trick found on this list, but I get
MessageNotUnderstood: WAAnchorTag>>accessKey:

SqueakSource is dead so I can't try to update seaside (I have 2.6a3
from SM, isn't that the latest ?

--
 Damien Pollet
 type less, do more