Stew MacLean
Message
Hi,

I've got some .png files that I'd like to use and have come across the Assets class.

I get that there is a pragma pointing to a file and that the files get coverted into a method which can be used without the file to get the .png image.

I'd like to "load" some .pngs but the class documentation doesn't explain how.

Pointers appreciated...

Thanks,

Stewart

Re: Loading .png Assets

Antony Blakey-5

On 22 Nov 2013, at 7:20 pm, Stewart MacLean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got some .png files that I'd like to use and have come across the Assets class.
>
> I get that there is a pragma pointing to a file and that the files get coverted into a method which can be used without the file to get the .png image.
>
> I'd like to "load" some .pngs but the class documentation doesn't explain how.

Load the Assets-IDE package. Define a subclass of Assets. Select an Assets subclass. Select the 'Sync Assets' menu item in the Class menu of the RB. This syncs the class with the assets from a directory. You might want to use a subclass of Smalltalk.AlphaBlendedIcons if you are importing pngs with alpha.

Antony Blakey
--------------------------
Ph: +61 438 840 787

It is as useless to argue with those who have renounced the use of reason as to administer medication to the dead.
  -- Thomas Jefferson

- load "ImageReaders"
- (PNGImageReader new from: SomeAssets importedPng readStream) image

Re: Loading .png Assets

Stew MacLean
Message
Hi Karsten,

Thanks, that sounds exactly like what I need.

Cheers,

Stewart