sebastianconcept@gmail.co
Hi there,

I’m loading with:

Gofer new
package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside3';
load.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside3) project version: #stable) load.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside3) project version: #stable) load: #('Kom' 'Scriptaculous' 'Email’).

And since yesterday my builds started to fail due to a warning about load or merge question

What’s the advice?

Re: Loading stable version broken?

EstebanLM
Something happened recently with configurations and now I’m having this problem also loading voyage (who uses grease).
Frankly… we need to revisit the dependency mechanism :S

Esteban

tty

Re: Loading stable version broken?

tty
>Something happened recently with configurations and now I’m having this problem also loading voyage (who uses grease).
>Frankly… we need to revisit the dependency mechanism :S

If by this you mean that loading certain packages on Squeak attempts to turn Squeak into Pharo, I heartily concur.

>Esteban

Re: Loading stable version broken?

Johan Brichau-2
I just tested a load on a Pharo3 image.
It works fine.

Are you loading this in Pharo2 ? What other packages are you loading?

Johan

On 20 Mar 2014, at 16:07, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Something happened recently with configurations and now I’m having this problem also loading voyage (who uses grease).
> Frankly… we need to revisit the dependency mechanism :S
>
> Esteban
>
> On 20 Mar 2014, at 16:01, Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I’m loading with:
>>
>> Gofer new
>> url:'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';
>> package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside3';
>> load.
>> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside3) project version: #stable) load.
>> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside3) project version: #stable) load: #('Kom' 'Scriptaculous' 'Email’).
>>
>> And since yesterday my builds started to fail due to a warning about load or merge question
>>
>> What’s the advice?
>>
>> sebastian
>>
>> o/

Re: Loading stable version broken?

Johan Brichau-2
Have you tried throwing away your package cache?

I am suspicious about something.... because I cannot reproduce this and a bunch of people are reporting problems.

Johan

On 20 Mar 2014, at 16:01, Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I’m loading with:
>
> Gofer new
> url:'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';
> package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside3';
> load.
> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside3) project version: #stable) load.
> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside3) project version: #stable) load: #('Kom' 'Scriptaculous' 'Email’).
>
> And since yesterday my builds started to fail due to a warning about load or merge question
>
> What’s the advice?
>
> sebastian
>
> o/

Re: Loading stable version broken?

Johan Brichau-2
I just sent this on the Pharo mailinglist:

I can reproduce the problem.
For some strange reason, first Grease 1.1.5 is loaded and then 1.1.6 is loaded (in the same metacello load of VoyageMongo).

The package becomes dirty because some classes changed from the Pharo20 package in 1.1.5 to the Core package in 1.1.6.
Because Metacello first loads the Core package, the Pharo20 package becomes dirty. When the new version of the Pharo20 package is loaded, Monticello raises the warning.

I have noticed a similar issue when upgrading versions of Zinc in Pharo1.4 because significant package refactorings occurred.
So, this is nothing specific to Grease / Magritte / Seaside / ...

I wonder if this can be simply fixed by changing the load type to #atomic. At least, that is how I fix those issues when loading Yesplan in Gemstone.
But clean builds work perfectly. And I would want to know why first version 1.1.5 is loaded in this load process.

Johan