SergeStinckwich
Nicolas, what do you think about loading your configuration about
arbitrary precision float from SciSmalltalk configuration ?

Thank you.

--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)

Re: Loading the float precision conf from SciSmalltalk

Nicolas Cellier
I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean by configuration, but no problem, you can put a copy of the package and/or configuration in SciSmalltalk if you think it's useful.
We'll see later if the Squeaksource version can be abandonned, or if two versions need to be maintained for a while (just a matter of updating the google code page and maybe another reference).

cheers

Nicolas, what do you think about loading your configuration about
arbitrary precision float from SciSmalltalk configuration ?

Thank you.

--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Help fight Ebola by joining the Computing for Ebola Challenge
http://bit.ly/1oEdBag

Re: Loading the float precision conf from SciSmalltalk

SergeStinckwich
On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 10:45 PM, Nicolas Cellier
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean by configuration, but no
> problem, you can put a copy of the package and/or configuration in
> SciSmalltalk if you think it's useful.

I was talking about the ConfigurationOf ...

> We'll see later if the Squeaksource version can be abandonned, or if two
> versions need to be maintained for a while (just a matter of updating the
> google code page and maybe another reference).

Ok, we will see later how it works.

I update the ConfigurationOfSciSmalltalk to load the arbitrary
precision float package.
Looks like it works. There is only one problem on the CI server.
At the moment we are only running tests starting with "Math-*" and the
tests of you package are in : ArbitraryPrecisionFloatTests

Can we try to have an homogeneous way to name the packages ?
Math-X and Math-Tests-X for tests ?

Thank you Nicolas.
--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Help fight Ebola by joining the Computing for Ebola Challenge
http://bit.ly/1oEdBag

Re: Loading the float precision conf from SciSmalltalk

werner kassens-2
>There is only one problem on the CI server.
>At the moment we are only running tests starting with "Math-*" and the
>tests of you package are in : ArbitraryPrecisionFloatTests
>Can we try to have an homogeneous way to name the packages ?
>Math-X and Math-Tests-X for tests ?

Hi Serge,
this is an interesting point i for example did not know. some time ago Nicolas asked about upload policies. perhaps it would make sense to mention that in a policy section in the wiki. and perhaps a hint in smalltalkhub "on SciSmalltalk" about the git part and its wiki.
werner