Guillermo Polito
Hi Camillo!

I was trying to load webdoc but there are a lot of not loading dependencies (Seaside, grease, Omnibrowser...)... The configuration does not load for 1.4 nor for 2.0... I was using this snippets:

for 2.0

Gofer new
        url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/dh83/webdoc/main';
        configurationOf: 'WebDoc';
        loadDevelopment.

for 1.4

Gofer new
        url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/dh83/webdoc/main';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfWebDoc';
        load.

ConfigurationOfWebDoc loadDevelopment.

Any hint? How did you bypass them in a safe way?
tx,
Guille

Re: Loading webdoc

Camillo Bruni-3

On 2013-03-24, at 19:33, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Camillo!
>
> I was trying to load webdoc but there are a lot of not loading dependencies
> (Seaside, grease, Omnibrowser...)... The configuration does not load for
> 1.4 nor for 2.0... I was using this snippets:
>
> for 2.0
>
> Gofer new
>        url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/dh83/webdoc/main';
>        configurationOf: 'WebDoc';
>        loadDevelopment.
>
> for 1.4
>
> Gofer new
>        url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/dh83/webdoc/main';
>        package: 'ConfigurationOfWebDoc';
>        load.
>
> ConfigurationOfWebDoc loadDevelopment.
>
> Any hint? How did you bypass them in a safe way?
> tx,
> Guille

for 1.4 it should work out of the box.

for 2.0 I can only make it work after there is a valid Configuration for
seaside :/.
So for now under 2.0 you have to follow this stupid manual process:
- get a 2.0 seaside image:
        https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Seaside-2.0/
- manually install the dev version of PPMarkdownParser from:
        http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~dh83/petitmarkdown
- then load the latest package from for 2.0 from here:
        http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~dh83/webdoc

Maybe I missed that there is now a 2.0 config for seaside, if that is so
let me know and I will create a proper configuration for webdoc, beacuse
this process here is plain stupid :D.

Re: Loading webdoc

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 24 Mar 2013, at 19:37, Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2013-03-24, at 19:33, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Camillo!
>>
>> I was trying to load webdoc but there are a lot of not loading dependencies
>> (Seaside, grease, Omnibrowser...)... The configuration does not load for
>> 1.4 nor for 2.0... I was using this snippets:
>>
>> for 2.0
>>
>> Gofer new
>>       url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/dh83/webdoc/main';
>>       configurationOf: 'WebDoc';
>>       loadDevelopment.
>>
>> for 1.4
>>
>> Gofer new
>>       url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/dh83/webdoc/main';
>>       package: 'ConfigurationOfWebDoc';
>>       load.
>>
>> ConfigurationOfWebDoc loadDevelopment.
>>
>> Any hint? How did you bypass them in a safe way?
>> tx,
>> Guille
>
> for 1.4 it should work out of the box.
>
> for 2.0 I can only make it work after there is a valid Configuration for
> seaside :/.
> So for now under 2.0 you have to follow this stupid manual process:
> - get a 2.0 seaside image:
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Seaside-2.0/
> - manually install the dev version of PPMarkdownParser from:
> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~dh83/petitmarkdown
> - then load the latest package from for 2.0 from here:
> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~dh83/webdoc
>
> Maybe I missed that there is now a 2.0 config for seaside, if that is so
> let me know and I will create a proper configuration for webdoc, beacuse
> this process here is plain stupid :D.

It seems like the whole world is waiting for this elusive configuration, what a mess…

It is just a question of making some decisions and going forward.

<frustrated/>

Re: Loading webdoc

Camillo Bruni-3

On 2013-03-24, at 20:01, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 24 Mar 2013, at 19:37, Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 2013-03-24, at 19:33, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Camillo!
>>>
>>> I was trying to load webdoc but there are a lot of not loading dependencies
>>> (Seaside, grease, Omnibrowser...)... The configuration does not load for
>>> 1.4 nor for 2.0... I was using this snippets:
>>>
>>> for 2.0
>>>
>>> Gofer new
>>>      url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/dh83/webdoc/main';
>>>      configurationOf: 'WebDoc';
>>>      loadDevelopment.
>>>
>>> for 1.4
>>>
>>> Gofer new
>>>      url: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/dh83/webdoc/main';
>>>      package: 'ConfigurationOfWebDoc';
>>>      load.
>>>
>>> ConfigurationOfWebDoc loadDevelopment.
>>>
>>> Any hint? How did you bypass them in a safe way?
>>> tx,
>>> Guille
>>
>> for 1.4 it should work out of the box.
>>
>> for 2.0 I can only make it work after there is a valid Configuration for
>> seaside :/.
>> So for now under 2.0 you have to follow this stupid manual process:
>> - get a 2.0 seaside image:
>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Seaside-2.0/
>> - manually install the dev version of PPMarkdownParser from:
>> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~dh83/petitmarkdown
>> - then load the latest package from for 2.0 from here:
>> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~dh83/webdoc
>>
>> Maybe I missed that there is now a 2.0 config for seaside, if that is so
>> let me know and I will create a proper configuration for webdoc, beacuse
>> this process here is plain stupid :D.
>
> It seems like the whole world is waiting for this elusive configuration, what a mess…
>
> It is just a question of making some decisions and going forward.

I guess I missed the point, but can't we just make the configuration do
whatever the jenkins job does and declare it as the development version
for 2.0?

Re: Loading webdoc

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 24 Mar 2013, at 20:15, Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2013-03-24, at 20:01, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> for 1.4 it should work out of the box.
>>>
>>> for 2.0 I can only make it work after there is a valid Configuration for
>>> seaside :/.
>>> So for now under 2.0 you have to follow this stupid manual process:
>>> - get a 2.0 seaside image:
>>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Seaside-2.0/
>>> - manually install the dev version of PPMarkdownParser from:
>>> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~dh83/petitmarkdown
>>> - then load the latest package from for 2.0 from here:
>>> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~dh83/webdoc
>>>
>>> Maybe I missed that there is now a 2.0 config for seaside, if that is so
>>> let me know and I will create a proper configuration for webdoc, beacuse
>>> this process here is plain stupid :D.
>>
>> It seems like the whole world is waiting for this elusive configuration, what a mess…
>>
>> It is just a question of making some decisions and going forward.
>
> I guess I missed the point, but can't we just make the configuration do
> whatever the jenkins job does and declare it as the development version
> for 2.0?

We (as the Pharo community) will most probably have to do that, but it is not the right way or the best for the future.

Seaside has currently two main versions 3.0.x and 3.1 and targets many platforms, that is what Metacello is for, but it makes the config complex. Normally, the main Seaside developers should have to do this, it is their (communities') code.

Sven

Re: Loading webdoc

stephane ducasse

>> I guess I missed the point, but can't we just make the configuration do
>> whatever the jenkins job does and declare it as the development version
>> for 2.0?
>
> We (as the Pharo community) will most probably have to do that, but it is not the right way or the best for the future.
>
> Seaside has currently two main versions 3.0.x and 3.1 and targets many platforms, that is what Metacello is for, but it makes the config complex. Normally, the main Seaside developers should have to do this, it is their (communities') code.

Yes but we will probably have to do it because we could use Seaside as a nice regression tests for Pharo 30 apha.

Re: Loading webdoc

philippeback
On the seaside dev list I asked if there was a conf and was pointed to:

http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside31/

and told to look at the config class comment.

FWIW, loading packages as told by Sven worked, Seaside runs on my 2.0

Phil

2013/3/24 Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]>:

> On 24 Mar 2013, at 20:15, Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> It seems like the whole world is waiting for this elusive configuration, what a mess…
>>>
>>> It is just a question of making some decisions and going forward.
>>
>> I guess I missed the point, but can't we just make the configuration do
>> whatever the jenkins job does and declare it as the development version
>> for 2.0?
>
> We (as the Pharo community) will most probably have to do that, but it is not the right way or the best for the future.
>
> Seaside has currently two main versions 3.0.x and 3.1 and targets many platforms, that is what Metacello is for, but it makes the config complex. Normally, the main Seaside developers should have to do this, it is their (communities') code.
>
> Sven

Re: Loading webdoc

Camillo Bruni-3
it does not load and fails on the strange statement:

spec configuration: 'Swazoo2' with: [
        spec version: #stable;
                loads: #( 'Swazoo');
                repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository' ].

dunno, to me this looks strange and should read rather

spec project: 'Swazoo2' with: [
        spec version: #stable;
                loads: #( 'Swazoo');
                repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository' ].

no?

On 2013-03-24, at 21:01, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On the seaside dev list I asked if there was a conf and was pointed to:
>
> http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside31/
>
> and told to look at the config class comment.
>
> FWIW, loading packages as told by Sven worked, Seaside runs on my 2.0
>
> Phil
>
> 2013/3/24 Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]>:

>>> I guess I missed the point, but can't we just make the configuration do
>>> whatever the jenkins job does and declare it as the development version
>>> for 2.0?
>>
>> We (as the Pharo community) will most probably have to do that, but it is not the right way or the best for the future.
>>
>> Seaside has currently two main versions 3.0.x and 3.1 and targets many platforms, that is what Metacello is for, but it makes the config complex. Normally, the main Seaside developers should have to do this, it is their (communities') code.
>>
>> Sven

Re: Loading webdoc

stephane ducasse

On Mar 24, 2013, at 10:43 PM, Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]> wrote:

it does not load and fails on the strange statement:

spec configuration: 'Swazoo2' with: [
spec version: #stable;
loads: #( 'Swazoo');
repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository' ].

dunno, to me this looks strange and should read rather

spec project: 'Swazoo2' with: [
spec version: #stable;
loads: #( 'Swazoo');
repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository' ].

no?

me too.
You should add
className: 'ConfigurationOf….
May configuration: was introduced

I wrote that this is optional in the chapter because I thought that dale changed it but no.

spec
project: 'CoolBrowser default' with: [ spec
className: 'ConfigurationOfCoolBrowser'; ''this is optional''
loads: #('default'); ''this is optional''