Locale class>> localeChanged method?

liang bing
Hi,

I am testing Squeak 4.5 for Chinese Environment. and finded:

Loacl class method >>localeChanged
        self class environment allBehaviorsDo: [:b | b localeChanged].

but, Environment does not impletement the method-----> allBehaviorsDo:

and in Squeak 4.4 4.5
LanguageEditor losts method --->beep

am I right?

Regarts

Liang
I love Smalltalk

Re: Locale class>> localeChanged method?

David T. Lewis

Yes, I think you are right. These are bugs.

Dave

> Hi,
>
> I am testing Squeak 4.5 for Chinese Environment. and finded:
>
> Loacl class method >>localeChanged
> self class environment allBehaviorsDo: [:b | b localeChanged].
>
> but, Environment does not impletement the method-----> allBehaviorsDo:
>

> and in Squeak 4.4 4.5
> LanguageEditor losts method --->beep
>

> am I right?
>

> Regarts
>
> Liang

Re: Locale class>> localeChanged method?

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Wed, 2 Apr 2014, liang bing wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am testing Squeak 4.5 for Chinese Environment. and finded:
>
> Loacl class method >>localeChanged
> self class environment allBehaviorsDo: [:b | b localeChanged].
>
> but, Environment does not impletement the method-----> allBehaviorsDo:

#allBehaviorsDo: is a method of SystemNavigation, but I think it belongs
to Environment.
But even if #allBehaviorsDo: were understood by Environment, there would
be errors, because Object >> #localeChanged raises NotImplemented (this
is incorrect IMHO).
And even if Object >> #localeChanged were noop (which is how it should
be IMHO), there would be an infinite recursion, because Locale is a
behavior.

> and in Squeak 4.4 4.5
> LanguageEditor losts method --->beep

I always thought that the GetText intergration is incomplete. I wonder
what else is broken.

Levente