Localizing Seaside ?

solar_sea
Hi,
I've been using Seaside with Pharo 1.1 for an in-house accounting app
and it's so far great.

However I'm failing to find any documentations about translating the
seaside resources to other languages. (things like month names in the
date input, OK/Yes/No button in inform:/request: and etc).

Is there a neat way to add custom strings for those outputs  ?

Regards,
Stanislav Paskalev

Re: Localizing Seaside ?

Miguel Cobá
El vie, 03-09-2010 a las 05:43 +0300, Stanislav Paskalev escribió:
> Hi,
> I've been using Seaside with Pharo 1.1 for an in-house accounting app
> and it's so far great.
>
> However I'm failing to find any documentations about translating the
> seaside resources to other languages. (things like month names in the
> date input, OK/Yes/No button in inform:/request: and etc).

Not currently, at least for Seaside 2.8 they are hardcoded in the
respective classes. You can subclass them in your app and override the
proper methods to suit your language.
Somewhere I read that you can use a decorator to override specific parts
of them but I haven't seen an example so far.
I don't know the state in Seaside 3.0.

cheers

> Is there a neat way to add custom strings for those outputs  ?
>
> Regards,
> Stanislav Paskalev

Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: Localizing Seaside ?

Philippe Marschall
2010/9/3 Miguel Enrique Cobá Martínez <[hidden email]>:

> El vie, 03-09-2010 a las 05:43 +0300, Stanislav Paskalev escribió:
>> Hi,
>> I've been using Seaside with Pharo 1.1 for an in-house accounting app
>> and it's so far great.
>>
>> However I'm failing to find any documentations about translating the
>> seaside resources to other languages. (things like month names in the
>> date input, OK/Yes/No button in inform:/request: and etc).
>
> Not currently, at least for Seaside 2.8 they are hardcoded in the
> respective classes. You can subclass them in your app and override the
> proper methods to suit your language.
> Somewhere I read that you can use a decorator to override specific parts
> of them but I haven't seen an example so far.
> I don't know the state in Seaside 3.0.

The same.

Cheers
Philippe