Logging into GS64 version 3.4.3 from VW 8.3 on Win10 hangs and runs out of memory

1 message Options

Logging into GS64 version 3.4.3 from VW 8.3 on Win10 hangs and runs out of memory

Gemstone/S mailing list
Hi,
I just installed the VW Community Edition version 8.3 and the GBS for 8.3.
I am trying to connect to GS64 version 3.4.3 on Linux.

When I select the "Login RPC" button the image hangs and eventually displays a dialog stating there is no more memory.  The Task Manager shows the memory shooting up to around 522MB before throwing the error message.

I set the libraryName like this:

GbsConfiguration current libraryName: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GemStone64BitClient3.4.3-x86.Windows_NT\bin\libgcirpc-3.4.3-64.dll'

Here is the NRS:   !@anIPAddress!gs64stone!#netldi:gs64ldi!gemnetobject
with a real ip address.

and GS repository:  !@anIPAddress!gs64stone

So I suspect something is not configured correctly.

Does anyone have some suggestions on what I should look at?

Also, I couldn't find the documentation about adding an entry to the services files on Windows.

Thanks,
Gary