Login component

Andy Burnett
I need to build a login system for my first application. It needs to be able to register people, and then authenticate them against an internal list. I am sure this is pretty standard requirement. Is there a component or even some demo code that I could reuse?

Thanks
Andy

Re: Login component

keith1y
Andy Burnett wrote:
> I need to build a login system for my first application. It needs to
> be able to register people, and then authenticate them against an
> internal list. I am sure this is pretty standard requirement. Is there
> a component or even some demo code that I could reuse?
>
> Thanks
> Andy
Pier has a security system which is based upon an internal list, and
there is an extension to it that enables authentication from some
external table. (I think the package is called Pier-ExternalValidation)

Keith

Re: Login component

Claus Kick
Andy Burnett wrote:
> I need to build a login system for my first application. It needs to be able
> to register people, and then authenticate them against an internal list. I
> am sure this is pretty standard requirement. Is there a component or even
> some demo code that I could reuse?

There is demo code there:

http://www.swa.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/seaside/tutorial

Other than that, a component library is what I feel is missing for
Seaside, yet (I think there is one in the works, so to speak).