Login from Jade to 3.1.0.5

BrunoBB
Hi,

I'm using GS 3.1.0.4 running fine on Linux Centos.

Now i have set up another VM (Linux Centos) and installed GS 3.1.0.5

gslist -lcv
Everything is running:
cache p59448
gs64ldi p50377
stone (seaside) p38752,

I can login with topaz (inside linux).

But i can not login with Jade
"Unable to create a GemStone session", "NetLDI service 50377 not found on node IP port 50377.

From http://programminggems.wordpress.com/2013/10/01/jade/
Typically, (1) there is no NetLDI on the host/port (see following example), (2) there is no stone with that name, (3) there is a version mismatch, or (4) you have given an unrecognized user ID or password.

1- not the case
2- stone name is seaside (in Jade i put seaside)
3- In Jade 64-bit 3.1.0.x
4- DataCurator swordfish

If i shutdown GS 3.1.0.5 and start GS 3.1.0.4 in Jade i only change the IP i can connect to GS 3.1.0.4.
But not viceversa with 3.1.0.5

Regards,
Bruno

Re: [Glass] Login from Jade to 3.1.0.5

James Foster-9
Hi Bruno,

From you description I understand that you have two Linux machines (A and B) on which you are running GemStone and a third machine (C) on which you run Microsoft Windows (with Jade as a client application). On machine A you have 3.1.0.4 and can connect to it fine from C. On machine B you have 3.1.0.5 and get the error that machine C is not able to connect because machine B did not accept a connection on port 50377.

I suspect that the problem is that machine B has its firewall settings configured to block port 50377. To test this theory you can use telnet to test open ports (https://kb.acronis.com/content/7503). From machine B try to connect to netldi on machine A:
        $ telnet ip_for_A 50377
If this succeeds then machine B is able to connect to machine A (as we expect). Then try connecting from machine A to machine B:
        $ telnet ip_for_B 50377
If this fails, as we expect, then your problem is unrelated to Jade and unrelated to 3.1.0.5, but is related to the new VM that you set up for 3.1.0.5.

James

On Jun 1, 2014, at 12:11 PM, BrunoBB <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using GS 3.1.0.4 running fine on Linux Centos.
>
> Now i have set up another VM (Linux Centos) and installed GS 3.1.0.5
>
> gslist -lcv
> Everything is running:
> cache p59448
> gs64ldi p50377
> stone (seaside) p38752,
>
> I can login with topaz (inside linux).
>
> But i can not login with Jade
> "Unable to create a GemStone session", "NetLDI service 50377 not found on
> node IP port 50377.
>
> From http://programminggems.wordpress.com/2013/10/01/jade/
> Typically, (1) there is no NetLDI on the host/port (see following example),
> (2) there is no stone with that name, (3) there is a version mismatch, or
> (4) you have given an unrecognized user ID or password.
>
> 1- not the case
> 2- stone name is seaside (in Jade i put seaside)
> 3- In Jade 64-bit 3.1.0.x
> 4- DataCurator swordfish
>
> If i shutdown GS 3.1.0.5 and start GS 3.1.0.4 in Jade i only change the IP i
> can connect to GS 3.1.0.4.
> But not viceversa with 3.1.0.5
>
> Regards,
> Bruno

Re: [Glass] Login from Jade to 3.1.0.5

BrunoBB
Hi James,

100% the case you describe:

Regards,
Bruno

Re: [Glass] Login from Jade to 3.1.0.5

James Foster-9
I’m glad you were able to figure it out. Opening ports on a firewall is an easy-to-miss step in configuring GemStone!