Logo proposals now on the website

Janko Mivšek
Dear all,

To be easier to discuss and show designs to others I put proposals on
websites:

        Aida proposals: http://www.aidaweb.si/logo/proposals.html
        Swazoo proposals: http://www.swazoo.org/logo/proposals.html

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Miv?ek
AIDA/Web
http://www.aidaweb.si

Logo proposals now on the website

Michael Rueger-6
Janko Miv?ek wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> To be easier to discuss and show designs to others I put proposals on
> websites:
>
> Aida proposals: http://www.aidaweb.si/logo/proposals.html
> Swazoo proposals: http://www.swazoo.org/logo/proposals.html

according to
http://www.oreilly.com/animals.html

a giraffe would be still available as far as I can tell from a quick
search ;-)

Michael

Swazoo giraffe logo? (was Logo proposals now on the website)

Janko Mivšek
Michael Rueger wrote:
> according to
> http://www.oreilly.com/animals.html
>
> a giraffe would be still available as far as I can tell from a quick
> search ;-)

So, shall we try with a giraffe logo then? I also like that idea of
giraffe skin pattern and just part of a body.  Ok, someone would
probably argue about its "headless" nature :)

Esteban also noted that giraffe (and zebra) is "iconic" Zoo animal, so
another plus.

First giraffe logo has also an interesting font. What is our opinion
about it?

JAnko

>> To be easier to discuss and show designs to others I put proposals on
>> websites:
>>
>> Aida proposals: http://www.aidaweb.si/logo/proposals.html
>> Swazoo proposals: http://www.swazoo.org/logo/proposals.html

--
Janko Miv?ek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Swazoo giraffe logo? (was Logo proposals now on the website)

giorgiof
I like giraffe.

giorgio

On Nov 22, 2007 8:25 PM, Janko Miv?ek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si> wrote:

> Michael Rueger wrote:
> > according to
> > http://www.oreilly.com/animals.html
> >
> > a giraffe would be still available as far as I can tell from a quick
> > search ;-)
>
> So, shall we try with a giraffe logo then? I also like that idea of
> giraffe skin pattern and just part of a body.  Ok, someone would
> probably argue about its "headless" nature :)
>
> Esteban also noted that giraffe (and zebra) is "iconic" Zoo animal, so
> another plus.
>
> First giraffe logo has also an interesting font. What is our opinion
> about it?
>
> JAnko
>

> >> To be easier to discuss and show designs to others I put proposals on
> >> websites:
> >>
> >>      Aida proposals: http://www.aidaweb.si/logo/proposals.html
> >>      Swazoo proposals: http://www.swazoo.org/logo/proposals.html
> >

> --
> Janko Miv?ek
> AIDA/Web
> Smalltalk Web Application Server
> http://www.aidaweb.si

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Swazoo giraffe logo? (was Logo proposals now on the website)

giorgiof
regarding the AIDA logos, I have problems finding one I really like.

The one I dislike less is the one with the stair inside.

Cross remember me of Switzerland or Red Cross, so....

the other ones have font quite baroque for me.

The problem here is that I am unable to give any help (never been able to do
anything with a pencil...), just able to criticize, and , I know, this is
not fair, and also quite easy....

ciao

Giorgio

PS: Just to compensate the graphic effort done, I liked a lot all of the
swazoo logos (giraffe best..)

On Nov 23, 2007 11:05 AM, giorgio ferraris <giorgio.ferraris at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I like giraffe.
>
> giorgio
>

> On Nov 22, 2007 8:25 PM, Janko Miv?ek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si> wrote:
>
> > Michael Rueger wrote:
> > > according to
> > > http://www.oreilly.com/animals.html
> > >
> > > a giraffe would be still available as far as I can tell from a quick
> > > search ;-)
> >
> > So, shall we try with a giraffe logo then? I also like that idea of
> > giraffe skin pattern and just part of a body.  Ok, someone would
> > probably argue about its "headless" nature :)
> >
> > Esteban also noted that giraffe (and zebra) is "iconic" Zoo animal, so
> > another plus.
> >
> > First giraffe logo has also an interesting font. What is our opinion
> > about it?
> >
> > JAnko

> > --
> > Janko Miv?ek
> > AIDA/Web
> > Smalltalk Web Application Server
> > http://www.aidaweb.si

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Swazoo giraffe logo? (was Logo proposals now on the website)

Nicholas Moore
I too like the Giraffe. I like the one on top, where the A is like a
Smalltalk caret (^) , seems quite symbolic.
Nicholas

Janko Miv?ek wrote:

> Michael Rueger wrote:
>
>> according to
>> http://www.oreilly.com/animals.html
>>
>> a giraffe would be still available as far as I can tell from a quick
>> search ;-)
>>

> So, shall we try with a giraffe logo then? I also like that idea of
> giraffe skin pattern and just part of a body.  Ok, someone would
> probably argue about its "headless" nature :)
>
> Esteban also noted that giraffe (and zebra) is "iconic" Zoo animal, so
> another plus.
>
> First giraffe logo has also an interesting font. What is our opinion
> about it?
>
> JAnko
>

>>> To be easier to discuss and show designs to others I put proposals on
>>> websites:
>>>
>>> Aida proposals: http://www.aidaweb.si/logo/proposals.html
>>> Swazoo proposals: http://www.swazoo.org/logo/proposals.html

--

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Swazoo giraffe logo?

Janko Mivšek
Ok, so first giraffe logo with "symbolic" font is our most preferred
choice?

This A is slightly too "strong" without '-' for me, maybe Nadja could
try to experiment with it a bit more to see if it can be improved?

Janko

Nicholas Moore wrote:
> I too like the Giraffe. I like the one on top, where the A is like a
> Smalltalk caret (^) , seems quite symbolic.

>>> according to
>>> http://www.oreilly.com/animals.html
>>>
>>> a giraffe would be still available as far as I can tell from a quick
>>> search ;-)
>>>

>> So, shall we try with a giraffe logo then? I also like that idea of
>> giraffe skin pattern and just part of a body.  Ok, someone would
>> probably argue about its "headless" nature :)
>>
>> Esteban also noted that giraffe (and zebra) is "iconic" Zoo animal, so
>> another plus.
>>
>> First giraffe logo has also an interesting font. What is our opinion
>> about it?

--
Janko Miv?ek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Back to Aida logos (was Swazoo giraffe logo)

Janko Mivšek
Hi Giorgio,

I have quite a similar taste than you, liking the stairs logo most, but
maybe without stair so that I will be clearly seen.

The second block of logos with 'baroque' a , which Nicholas like, well,
I tried for few days to see if I'll start liking them but without
success. Also first a is very hard to see as such.

So, shall we kindly ask Nadja for another round of logos for Aida?

Best regards
Janko

http://www.aidaweb.si

Back to Aida logos (was Swazoo giraffe logo)

giorgiof
Hi, Janko,

for me, the answer will be yes. That said, the only help I can give is
several beers or the like the first time I will meet Nadja.

(you are invited too)

ciao

Giorgio

Dirk Verleysen-2