Longstanding workspace snag

Bill Schwab-2
Hello all,

I think this goes back a while (3.06 if not earlier???), and it's happened
on various machines and versions of Windows, and I've now seen it in an
image that's never been saved on anything other than win2k.  The problem
(the workaround is obvious) is that a large number of blank lines will
"randomly" be inserted into the content of a workspace.  I'm not sure when
it happens, but, in the past, it would typically resurface if I deleted the
lines (and I _think_ in the same place).  A long time ago, I tried deleting
"around" the problem area in an attempt to remove any non-printable
character that might have been confusing the rich text control; it never
helped.

Is it just me? :)

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Longstanding workspace snag

Christopher J. Demers
Bill Schwab <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:ae53cb$3ql75$[hidden email]...

> I think this goes back a while (3.06 if not earlier???), and it's happened
> on various machines and versions of Windows, and I've now seen it in an
> image that's never been saved on anything other than win2k.  The problem
> (the workaround is obvious) is that a large number of blank lines will
> "randomly" be inserted into the content of a workspace.  I'm not sure when
> it happens, but, in the past, it would typically resurface if I deleted
the
> lines (and I _think_ in the same place).  A long time ago, I tried
deleting
> "around" the problem area in an attempt to remove any non-printable
> character that might have been confusing the rich text control; it never
> helped.

That sounds like it would be really annoying, like I would notice it.
However I have never noticed anything like that on Dolphin 3, 4, or 5 on
Windows NT, 2000 or ME (I don't use it often on ME though).  I think I
usually have word wrap on in workspaces, I don't know if that is relevant.
I suspect that my workspaces have not seen many unusual characters.  I
wonder if your computers might share some other program in common that might
have messed up the RTF control, perhaps by installing a quirky version.

Chris

Re: Longstanding workspace snag

Stefan Schmiedl
On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:03:40 -0400,
Bill Schwab <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I think this goes back a while (3.06 if not earlier???), and it's happened
> on various machines and versions of Windows, and I've now seen it in an
> image that's never been saved on anything other than win2k.  The problem
> (the workaround is obvious) is that a large number of blank lines will
> "randomly" be inserted into the content of a workspace.  I'm not sure when
> it happens, but, in the past, it would typically resurface if I deleted the
> lines (and I _think_ in the same place).  A long time ago, I tried deleting
> "around" the problem area in an attempt to remove any non-printable
> character that might have been confusing the rich text control; it never
> helped.
>
> Is it just me? :)

It is not very probable since you used the phrase "a long time ago",
but it sure sounds like a wireless keyboard in need of a new battery
or with a wad of paper between sender and receiver.

s.