Look for software for virtual outing

askoh
Administrator
Hi:

My team at work has been asked to organize a "Virtual Outing" for
socializing or camaraderie. I am think of using a Smalltalk virtual reality
software for such an outing.

Would any of Qwaq, Tref, Croquet be viable VR platforms for a group of less
that 50 people?

Thanks,
Aik-Siong Koh

Re: Look for software for virtual outing

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Koh,

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 1:22 PM askoh <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi:

My team at work has been asked to organize a "Virtual Outing" for
socializing or camaraderie. I am think of using a Smalltalk virtual reality
software for such an outing.

Would any of Qwaq, Tref, Croquet be viable VR platforms for a group of less
that 50 people?

Absolutely.  We're running trials with as many as 85 participants right now. So any number from 1 to 85 is definitely possible, and we haven't hit the limit on the number of participants yet.

However, Terf is built by 3D ICC above Squeak.  I work full time for 3D ICC.  We don't use Pharo.m Please get in touch with Ron Teitelbaum to discuss usage.  I've cc'ed him (Hi Ron).
Thanks,
Aik-Siong Koh

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Re: Look for software for virtual outing

askoh
Administrator
Thanks. I think my employer, MathWorks, can find VR capabilities very
interesting.
Its Mission is:
"Our goal is to change the world by accelerating the pace of discovery,
innovation, development, and learning in engineering and science.

We work to provide the ultimate computing environment for technical
computation, visualization, design, simulation, and implementation. We use
this environment to provide innovative solutions in a wide range of
application areas."

I hope we can try Terf.

All the best,
Aik-Siong Koh