Looking for game state

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi

I'm reading a nice book explaining Game AI logic and it uses state
design patterns and I would like to take it as an example for a future
book on AI in the future

They have two little actors talking via a a queued message list. There
is one miner and its wife.

Now I'm looking for a better example :)
I was thinking about Pokemon hunting but if you have other ideas I'm
interested.

Stef

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 09.53.57.png (96K) Download Attachment
Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 09.57.34.png (115K) Download Attachment

Re: Looking for game state

Guillermo Polito

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 9:59 AM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I'm reading a nice book explaining Game AI logic and it uses state
design patterns and I would like to take it as an example for a future
book on AI in the future

Which one? I'm interested :)

They have two little actors talking via a a queued message list. There
is one miner and its wife.

Now I'm looking for a better example :)
I was thinking about Pokemon hunting but if you have other ideas I'm
interested.

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

CRIStAL - UMR 9189

French National Center for Scientific Research - http://www.cnrs.fr

Web: http://guillep.github.io

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: Looking for game state

abergel
Hi!

In my lecture I use a starcraft unit, the tank. It can be in a siege mode with increased damage point, but it cannot move. There are two states therefore

Alexandre

> Le 3 nov. 2017 à 05:59, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi
>
> I'm reading a nice book explaining Game AI logic and it uses state
> design patterns and I would like to take it as an example for a future
> book on AI in the future
>
> They have two little actors talking via a a queued message list. There
> is one miner and its wife.
>
> Now I'm looking for a better example :)
> I was thinking about Pokemon hunting but if you have other ideas I'm
> interested.
>
> Stef
> <Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 09.53.57.png>
> <Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 09.57.34.png>

Re: Looking for game state

Hans
Hi Stef,

Not sure what you want to show: decision trees, belief network, concurrent actor model ...

I‘m also interested which book you read and what are your plans :) :)

Cheers

Hans

> Am 03.11.2017 um 11:09 schrieb Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi!
>
> In my lecture I use a starcraft unit, the tank. It can be in a siege mode with increased damage point, but it cannot move. There are two states therefore
>
> Alexandre
>
>> Le 3 nov. 2017 à 05:59, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm reading a nice book explaining Game AI logic and it uses state
>> design patterns and I would like to take it as an example for a future
>> book on AI in the future
>>
>> They have two little actors talking via a a queued message list. There
>> is one miner and its wife.
>>
>> Now I'm looking for a better example :)
>> I was thinking about Pokemon hunting but if you have other ideas I'm
>> interested.
>>
>> Stef
>> <Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 09.53.57.png>
>> <Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 09.57.34.png>

Re: Looking for game state

cedreek

Interested too :)

> Le 3 nov. 2017 à 09:59, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi
>
> I'm reading a nice book explaining Game AI logic and it uses state
> design patterns and I would like to take it as an example for a future
> book on AI in the future

I think it also apply to workflow engine.

In the Workflow package, when running workflows in the engine (in a frame), an activity (part of the project graph) is activated (giving an activation). I think that activations are represented as a game state (completion propagates tokens according to conditions).
My understanding is not perfect though. I will send something about the Workflow package next week I hope.

Could be nice to uniformise workflow for business processes but also for more general « processes » like game AI.
(on the pic, I see a process definition and the game is about its realization/activation :) ).

Cheers,

Cédrick

> They have two little actors talking via a a queued message list. There
> is one miner and its wife.
>
> Now I'm looking for a better example :)
> I was thinking about Pokemon hunting but if you have other ideas I'm
> interested.
>
> Stef
> <Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 09.53.57.png><Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 09.57.34.png>

Re: Looking for game state

Ben Coman

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 4:59 PM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I'm reading a nice book explaining Game AI logic and it uses state
design patterns and I would like to take it as an example for a future
book on AI in the future

They have two little actors talking via a a queued message list. There
is one miner and its wife.

Now I'm looking for a better example :)
I was thinking about Pokemon hunting but if you have other ideas I'm
interested.

Stef

Not sure if this is what you want, but I found interesting search results with... game automata state diagrams
and then look at "Images" only results.  A sampling...
http://www.yaldex.com/game-programming/0131020099_ch06lev1sec3.html

cheers -ben

Re: Looking for game state

Miguel Campusano

I found this paper some time ago, they modeled the AI of a tank using statecharts.

http://www.adinfo.qc.ca/pdf/publication/models2007tankwars.pdf

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 11:11 AM Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 4:59 PM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I'm reading a nice book explaining Game AI logic and it uses state
design patterns and I would like to take it as an example for a future
book on AI in the future

They have two little actors talking via a a queued message list. There
is one miner and its wife.

Now I'm looking for a better example :)
I was thinking about Pokemon hunting but if you have other ideas I'm
interested.

Stef

Not sure if this is what you want, but I found interesting search results with... game automata state diagrams
and then look at "Images" only results.  A sampling...
http://www.yaldex.com/game-programming/0131020099_ch06lev1sec3.html

cheers -ben

Re: Looking for game state

Stephane Ducasse-3
I decided to go with my kids to go for a hunter in Monster Hunters.

Guillermo the book I'm reading is Programming Game AI by example.
I will implement the state machine and turn that into a nice chapter.
Then since I wanted to code path discovery (I proposed the topics to
students from Prague) I will probably also implement this.

Stef

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm reading a nice book explaining Game AI logic and it uses state
> design patterns and I would like to take it as an example for a future
> book on AI in the future
>
> They have two little actors talking via a a queued message list. There
> is one miner and its wife.
>
> Now I'm looking for a better example :)
> I was thinking about Pokemon hunting but if you have other ideas I'm
> interested.
>
> Stef

Re: Looking for game state

Stephane Ducasse-3
One step at a time. Let us clean and build a nice workflow and then we
will see :).

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 2:20 PM, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Interested too :)
>
>> Le 3 nov. 2017 à 09:59, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm reading a nice book explaining Game AI logic and it uses state
>> design patterns and I would like to take it as an example for a future
>> book on AI in the future
>
> I think it also apply to workflow engine.
>
> In the Workflow package, when running workflows in the engine (in a frame), an activity (part of the project graph) is activated (giving an activation). I think that activations are represented as a game state (completion propagates tokens according to conditions).
> My understanding is not perfect though. I will send something about the Workflow package next week I hope.
>
> Could be nice to uniformise workflow for business processes but also for more general « processes » like game AI.
> (on the pic, I see a process definition and the game is about its realization/activation :) ).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cédrick
>

>> They have two little actors talking via a a queued message list. There
>> is one miner and its wife.
>>
>> Now I'm looking for a better example :)
>> I was thinking about Pokemon hunting but if you have other ideas I'm
>> interested.
>>
>> Stef
>> <Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 09.53.57.png><Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 09.57.34.png>

Re: Looking for game state

Stephane Ducasse-3
Thanks ben. there are nice piece of information.

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 3:10 PM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 4:59 PM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm reading a nice book explaining Game AI logic and it uses state
>> design patterns and I would like to take it as an example for a future
>> book on AI in the future
>>
>> They have two little actors talking via a a queued message list. There
>> is one miner and its wife.
>>
>> Now I'm looking for a better example :)
>> I was thinking about Pokemon hunting but if you have other ideas I'm
>> interested.
>>
>> Stef
>

> Not sure if this is what you want, but I found interesting search results
> with... game automata state diagrams
> and then look at "Images" only results.  A sampling...
> http://www.yaldex.com/game-programming/0131020099_ch06lev1sec3.html
> http://ai-depot.com/FiniteStateMachines/FSM-Framework.html
> http://www.yaldex.com/game-programming/0131020099_ch06lev1sec3.html
>
> cheers -ben

Re: Looking for game state

Stephane Ducasse-3
BTW I read one in french.
I implement a forward chainer (I should implement now a backwrd chainers)
Then I want to implement a fuzzy logic system.
After I had a path finder (like in the current book I'm readin).
Then I started to read the collective intelligence book and started to
implement it in Pharo.

Stef