Looking for old Linux vm

MontyK
I recently moved from winxp to ubuntu and I'm trying to find the linux vm that matches an old win vm I was using for an application I wrote.  I don't want to run it under wine in Ubuntu and I don't want to upgrade to a newer version of Pharo.  I'd like to find the linux version of the same windows vm that I have.  I have the Pharo.exe.

I see the pharo linux vms posted here (and numbered 7 through 145):
http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo/linux/

How can I know which of those linux vms matches my Pharo.exe?

When I open my Pharo.exe with wine and do System>About I see this:
PharoCore1.0rc1
Latest update: #10500

Any help will be much appreciated!
Cheers,
Monty

Cheers,
Sean

Re: Looking for old Linux vm

Damien Cassou
On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 4:54 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Any help will be much appreciated!

hard to know. You may want to try multiple versions. Also, check

http://files.pharo.org/vm/cog/linux/
https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=1299

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: Looking for old Linux vm

Stephan Eggermont-3
Searching through the pharo-project archives, the image is from 6 december 2009.
From looking at the squeak vm archives, something like 3.11.3.2147 or so.
I don't remember if we had our own vm already by then.

Stephan

Re: Looking for old Linux vm

EstebanLM
you can also try one of the old interpreter vms:

http://www.squeakvm.org/unix/

Esteban

On Jun 18, 2013, at 4:54 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> MontyK wrote
>> I recently moved from winxp to ubuntu and I'm trying to find the linux vm
>> that matches an old win vm I was using for an application I wrote.  I
>> don't want to run it under wine in Ubuntu and I don't want to upgrade to a
>> newer version of Pharo.  I'd like to find the linux version of the same
>> windows vm that I have.  I have the Pharo.exe.
>>
>> I see the pharo linux vms posted here (and numbered 7 through 145):
>> http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo/linux/
>>
>> How can I know which of those linux vms matches my Pharo.exe?
>>
>> When I open my Pharo.exe with wine and do System>About I see this:
>> PharoCore1.0rc1
>> Latest update: #10500
>>
>> Any help will be much appreciated!
>> Cheers,
>> Monty
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Re: Looking for old Linux vm

Monty Kamath-2
Sean - Thank you for posting this to the list for me.

Thanks Esteban, Sean, Damien, Stephan for the replies!  I really appreciate it!
I ended up trying out this version and it works!
   http://ftp.squeak.org/4.0/unix-linux/

Cheers!
Monty