Looking for old version of Smalltalk/V

Stephen Pope

Hi all,

I'm looking for a running copy of 1992 or earlier Smalltalk/V.
Does anyone have such a thing, or know where it's available on the web?

..any reply appreciated...

stp

--
   Stephen Travis Pope  --  FASTLab

Re: Looking for old version of Smalltalk/V

Jason Ayers
Re: Looking for old version of Smalltalk/V Stephen,

Smalltalk Express is Smalltalk/V version 2.04 for Windows I believe:

http://www.andreadrian.de/smalltalk/

Jason

On 29/03/2010 21:14, "Stephen Travis Pope" <stephen@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm looking for a running copy of 1992 or earlier Smalltalk/V.
Does anyone have such a thing, or know where it's available on the web?

..any reply appreciated...

stp

--
  Stephen Travis Pope  --  FASTLab

Jason Ayers
EMEA Director
Cincom Smalltalk

email:  jayers@...
phone: +44 1628 542300
mobile: +44 7976 052246
http://www.cincom.com/

This email and the information it contains  are a confidential and privileged communication for the sole use of the intended recipients. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this message and are not the intended recipient(s) please notify the sender by telephone or reply via email and destroy all copies of the original message. All offers are valid for 30 days unless stated otherwise and all terms are subject to contract.

Re: Looking for old version of Smalltalk/V

Yanni Chiu
Ayers, Jason wrote:

> Stephen,
>
> Smalltalk Express is Smalltalk/V version 2.04 for Windows I believe:
>
> http://www.andreadrian.de/smalltalk/
>
> Jason
>

> On 29/03/2010 21:14, "Stephen Travis Pope"
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>     Hi all,
>
>     I'm looking for a running copy of 1992 or earlier Smalltalk/V.
>     Does anyone have such a thing, or know where it's available on the web?
>
>     ..any reply appreciated...

I did have Smalltalk Express downloaded off the internet, but have lost
it since. So I'm glad to see it's still available.

Just in case it's not what you need, I have the following 5-1/4" diskettes:

Smalltalk/V Image Disk 2.0
Smalltalk/V Source Disk 2.0
Smalltalk/V Tutorial Disk 2.0
- Copyright 1987, Digitalk, Inc.

Smalltalk/V286 Image Disk 1.0
Smalltalk/V286 Source Disk 1.0
- Copyright 1988, Digitalk, Inc.

I also have backup copies of each diskette, but no idea whether any data
is still readable. Many years ago, I managed to give away the last
computer I had, that had a 5-1/4" drive. I'd completely forgotten about
the format, after years of fumbling with 3-1/2" diskettes.

--
Yanni