Loop while debugging #expectedFailures

1 message Options

Loop while debugging #expectedFailures

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi. There is a loop when trying to debug #expectedFailures. To reproduce, just put a "self halt" at the beggining of a #expectedFailures method and then run of the tests of that class.

The problem is that when you put the self halt, in an #expectedFailures, it brings a debugger, of course. But the debuggers needs to send the printOn to all the stuff in the context.

TestResult implements printOn:   in this way:

printOn: aStream
    aStream
        nextPutAll: self runCount printString;
        nextPutAll: ' run, ';
        nextPutAll: self expectedPassCount printString;
        nextPutAll: ' passes, ';
        nextPutAll: self expectedDefectCount printString;
        nextPutAll:' expected failures, ';
        nextPutAll: self unexpectedFailureCount printString;
        nextPutAll: ' failures, ';
        nextPutAll: self unexpectedErrorCount printString;
        nextPutAll:' errors, ';
        nextPutAll: self unexpectedPassCount printString;
        nextPutAll:' unexpected passes'.

which...as you can see sends the message #expectedPassCount  which at the ends...sends #expectedFailure.....sooo....loop :)

I am still thinking which could be the better solution. I will try to come up with it later.

Cheers

Mariano