Loose methods, managing

1 message Options

Loose methods, managing

Ingo Blank
Hi,

it seems, that managing loose methods is sometimes problematic.
Although several methods like tagging or putting them in categories are
useful,
I use a procedure, that automatically saves them.

I.e. once after a clean image is installed, an ImageStub (Dictionary with
all class- and
method *names*) is written to disk and saved for later use.

When the loose methods are to be saved, a "Delta" between the working image
and the
saved stub is calculated. This is a map of all loose methods in the working
image.

The SourceChunks of these methods are then filedOut. That's it.

In conjunction with Ian's ChunkBrowser one gets additionally a pretty good
overwiev
of what's actually changed.

For me, it works very well. Should anybody be interested in a concrete
implementation,
mail me and I post a PAC including a 4.01.3 ImageStub.

Bye

Ingo