[Lsehub-staff] Shortcuts for AST matcher

[Lsehub-staff] Shortcuts for AST matcher

Stéphane Ducasse

Begin forwarded message:

From: Andre Hora <[hidden email]>
Subject: [Lsehub-staff] Shortcuts for AST matcher
Date: March 19, 2013 4:24:46 PM GMT+01:00
To: RMoD private list <[hidden email]>

Hi,

I've just implemented a shortcut for the AST matcher.
It means that you can select a valid AST expression in your browser and press cmd+t in order to find similar AST patterns (the same idea of senders and users of a method).

Also, by selecting a valid AST expression and pressing cmd+y the same is done but ignoring variable node names, then other patterns are found.

Download:

-------------------
Gofer new
  squeaksource: 'FindBugs';
  package: 'ASTMatcher';
  load.
-------------------

Examples:

Inline image 3

Re: [Lsehub-staff] Shortcuts for AST matcher

Tudor Girba-2
That is pretty cool.

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every now and then stop and ask yourself if the war you're fighting is the right one."

Re: [Lsehub-staff] Shortcuts for AST matcher

stephane ducasse
I'm really thinking that we should get such feature in the system.

Stef

> That is pretty cool.
>
> Doru
>

> On Mar 31, 2013, at 7:03 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: Andre Hora <[hidden email]>
>>> Subject: [Lsehub-staff] Shortcuts for AST matcher
>>> Date: March 19, 2013 4:24:46 PM GMT+01:00
>>> To: RMoD private list <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've just implemented a shortcut for the AST matcher.
>>> It means that you can select a valid AST expression in your browser and press cmd+t in order to find similar AST patterns (the same idea of senders and users of a method).
>>>
>>> Also, by selecting a valid AST expression and pressing cmd+y the same is done but ignoring variable node names, then other patterns are found.
>>>
>>> Download:
>>>
>>> -------------------
>>> Gofer new
>>>  squeaksource: 'FindBugs';
>>>  package: 'ASTMatcher';
>>>  load.
>>> -------------------
>>>
>>> Examples:
>>>
>>> <image.png>
>>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every now and then stop and ask yourself if the war you're fighting is the right one."

Re: [Lsehub-staff] Shortcuts for AST matcher

Camillo Bruni-3
still, how fast is it? in ms? compared to  a textual search?
I guessif you do not cache the ast nodes it is the same speed as the image wide source code search...

nevertheless I'd really like to have it in the image ;)

On 31.03.2013, at 19:40, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm really thinking that we should get such feature in the system.
>
> Stef
>

>> That is pretty cool.
>>
>> Doru
>>

>> On Mar 31, 2013, at 7:03 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> Begin forwarded message:

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Every now and then stop and ask yourself if the war you're fighting is the right one."

Re: [Lsehub-staff] Shortcuts for AST matcher

Tudor Girba-2
+1.

Doru

On Mar 31, 2013, at 8:52 PM, Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> still, how fast is it? in ms? compared to  a textual search?
> I guessif you do not cache the ast nodes it is the same speed as the image wide source code search...
>
> nevertheless I'd really like to have it in the image ;)
>
> On 31.03.2013, at 19:40, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'm really thinking that we should get such feature in the system.
>>
>> Stef
>>

>>> That is pretty cool.
>>>
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Every now and then stop and ask yourself if the war you're fighting is the right one."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Some battles are better lost than fought."