Ludus news, plus new almost-done example

Ludus news, plus new almost-done example

Bernat Romagosa
Hi list!

Thanks to being able to use Ludus in my specialization in videogames, I've been working quite a lot on it lately, although all changes have not yet been pushed into master.

Here's the changelist:

- Lots of code cleanup. Categorization, refactoring, code formatting, removal of unnecessary code, bugfixes, class renaming, method renaming, etc.
- Graphic entities properly hierarchized
- Backgrounds
- Parallax backgrounds
- Static images don't need to be Sprites with a single frame now
- Screens (as in presentation screen, game over screen, high scores, or even levels)
- Menus (as in options, difficulty, game type, number of players, etc)
- Canvas text support
- New input handler in a separate class, supporting new input events

And to show all these features (and many more to come) here's a new fully functional example, although still a work in progress:

Hope you like it! More to come real soon! :)

Bernat.

--
Bernat Romagosa.

Re: Ludus news, plus new almost-done example

Jacob Wagner
Hi Bernat, I had a question while trying to load ludus, I followed your instructions , installed amber via bower, etc.  I put the ludus repo in a subdirectory of the folder I ran amber init on.

I then installed ludus, and ran the amber serve...

  When I try to open ludus-examples package from within helios, I get a debug window with the following error: HLChangeForbidden

which I have no idea what that is.  Any ideas?
-Jacob

Re: Ludus news, plus new almost-done example

Bernat Romagosa
Hi Jacob! Long time no see, by the way! :)

I have no idea at all what this error is about, I was just about to push all changes to master...

Hi Bernat, I had a question while trying to load ludus, I followed your instructions , installed amber via bower, etc.  I put the ludus repo in a subdirectory of the folder I ran amber init on.

I then installed ludus, and ran the amber serve...

  When I try to open ludus-examples package from within helios, I get a debug window with the following error: HLChangeForbidden

which I have no idea what that is.  Any ideas?
-Jacob

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: Ludus news, plus new almost-done example

Jacob Wagner

I am not too familiar with all the changes in amber recently...so it may just be my own lack of understanding of how things work

Re: Ludus news, plus new almost-done example

abergel
Excellent!!!!

Go go go!

Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

On May 19, 2014, at 1:29 PM, Bernat Romagosa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi list!
>
> Thanks to being able to use Ludus in my specialization in videogames, I've been working quite a lot on it lately, although all changes have not yet been pushed into master.
>
> Here's the changelist:
>
> - Lots of code cleanup. Categorization, refactoring, code formatting, removal of unnecessary code, bugfixes, class renaming, method renaming, etc.
> - Graphic entities properly hierarchized
> - Backgrounds
> - Parallax backgrounds
> - Static images don't need to be Sprites with a single frame now
> - Screens (as in presentation screen, game over screen, high scores, or even levels)
> - Menus (as in options, difficulty, game type, number of players, etc)
> - Canvas text support
> - New input handler in a separate class, supporting new input events
>
> And to show all these features (and many more to come) here's a new fully functional example, although still a work in progress:
>
> http://54.186.56.186/ovni.html
>
> Hope you like it! More to come real soon! :)
>
> Bernat.
>
> --
> Bernat Romagosa.

Re: Ludus news, plus new almost-done example

Bernat Romagosa
Jacob, which instructions did you follow? These should be working:

Excellent!!!!

Go go go!

Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

On May 19, 2014, at 1:29 PM, Bernat Romagosa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi list!
>
> Thanks to being able to use Ludus in my specialization in videogames, I've been working quite a lot on it lately, although all changes have not yet been pushed into master.
>
> Here's the changelist:
>
> - Lots of code cleanup. Categorization, refactoring, code formatting, removal of unnecessary code, bugfixes, class renaming, method renaming, etc.
> - Graphic entities properly hierarchized
> - Backgrounds
> - Parallax backgrounds
> - Static images don't need to be Sprites with a single frame now
> - Screens (as in presentation screen, game over screen, high scores, or even levels)
> - Menus (as in options, difficulty, game type, number of players, etc)
> - Canvas text support
> - New input handler in a separate class, supporting new input events
>
> And to show all these features (and many more to come) here's a new fully functional example, although still a work in progress:
>
> http://54.186.56.186/ovni.html
>
> Hope you like it! More to come real soon! :)
>
> Bernat.
>
> --
> Bernat Romagosa.

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: Ludus news, plus new almost-done example

Jacob Wagner
It appears to be working now.  I think my mistake was I installed amber and ludus as a subdirectory and didn't realize amber was going to be a part of ludus or whatever.

about to try it :) i hope i can use this instead of other game engines cuz its all smalltalk!

Re: Ludus news, plus new almost-done example

Bernat Romagosa

Nice! Take in account things will be changing in the coming months. I'll try to keep new versions backwards-compatible though.

Let me know what you think of the new features! :)