M3 for Moose

onierstrasz

Hi Folks,

I have been working on a tool to transform Rascal M3 models to Moose models. Although the work is far from complete, I presented the progress so far in the Software Composition seminar.  The slides (with notes) are here:

http://www.slideshare.net/onierstrasz/m3-for-moose

The Rascal guys are planning to have lots of importers for different languages, so a fast path for M3 models into Moose would be very useful …

Thanks to Doru and Fabrizio for suggesting this path. (Before I tried to generate MSE from M3 within Rascal, but that was very painful and fragile.)

Cheers,
Oscar

PS: Does anyone know how to display presenter notes with slideshare presentations? Their web site says it works, but I can’t figure it out. (I converted my Keynote slides to PPT precisely so this would work, but it doesn’t.)

Re: M3 for Moose

Tudor Girba-2
Thanks a lot!

I will take a look next week.

Doru

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 3:10 PM, Oscar Nierstrasz <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: M3 for Moose

abergel
Useful indeed!
I was not able to see the list of languages supported by Rascal. What do they have?

Alexandre

On Apr 8, 2014, at 10:10 AM, Oscar Nierstrasz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I have been working on a tool to transform Rascal M3 models to Moose models. Although the work is far from complete, I presented the progress so far in the Software Composition seminar.  The slides (with notes) are here:
>
> http://www.slideshare.net/onierstrasz/m3-for-moose
>
> The Rascal guys are planning to have lots of importers for different languages, so a fast path for M3 models into Moose would be very useful …
>
> Thanks to Doru and Fabrizio for suggesting this path. (Before I tried to generate MSE from M3 within Rascal, but that was very painful and fragile.)
>
> Cheers,
> Oscar
>
> PS: Does anyone know how to display presenter notes with slideshare presentations? Their web site says it works, but I can’t figure it out. (I converted my Keynote slides to PPT precisely so this would work, but it doesn’t.)

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: M3 for Moose

onierstrasz

Well, for the moment they just have Java, C# and C++, I think, but they are working on PHP and more to come.

Right now there is no added value for Moose, but there may well be in the near future.

Oscar

On 08 Apr 2014, at 23:32 , Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Useful indeed!
> I was not able to see the list of languages supported by Rascal. What do they have?
>
> Alexandre
>

> On Apr 8, 2014, at 10:10 AM, Oscar Nierstrasz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I have been working on a tool to transform Rascal M3 models to Moose models. Although the work is far from complete, I presented the progress so far in the Software Composition seminar.  The slides (with notes) are here:
>>
>> http://www.slideshare.net/onierstrasz/m3-for-moose
>>
>> The Rascal guys are planning to have lots of importers for different languages, so a fast path for M3 models into Moose would be very useful …
>>
>> Thanks to Doru and Fabrizio for suggesting this path. (Before I tried to generate MSE from M3 within Rascal, but that was very painful and fragile.)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Oscar
>>
>> PS: Does anyone know how to display presenter notes with slideshare presentations? Their web site says it works, but I can’t figure it out. (I converted my Keynote slides to PPT precisely so this would work, but it doesn’t.)

Re: M3 for Moose

> Thanks to Doru and Fabrizio for suggesting this path. (Before I tried to generate MSE from M3 within Rascal, but that was very painful and fragile.)

Hi oscar

how do you do it now?
I’m not connected.