MAComponent>>#magritteDescription and Object>>#magritteDescription

MAComponent>>#magritteDescription and Object>>#magritteDescription

Nick
Hi,

When I translated #description to #magritteDescription I noticed that both MAComponent and Object implement #description and now in Magritte 3 both implement #magritteDescription.

It seems that MAComponent>>#description/#magritteDescription is a redundant redefinition of Object>>#description/#magritteDescription. Any reason for it's existence?

Nick

Re: MAComponent>>#magritteDescription and Object>>#magritteDescription

Lukas Renggli
It is redundant now, but it was not because WAComponent defined
#description to return a description string of the component.

Lukas

On 8 February 2012 17:42, Nick Ager <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok I guess as no has replied I'll assume
> that  MAComponent>>#magritteDescription is a redundant redefinition
> of Object>>#magritteDescription and delete it.
>

> On 3 February 2012 14:14, Nick Ager <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I translated #description to #magritteDescription I noticed that both
>> MAComponent and Object implement #description and now in Magritte 3 both
>> implement #magritteDescription.
>>
>> It seems that MAComponent>>#description/#magritteDescription is a
>> redundant redefinition of Object>>#description/#magritteDescription. Any
>> reason for it's existence?
>>
>> Nick

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: MAComponent>>#magritteDescription and Object>>#magritteDescription

Nick
Hi Lukas,

On 8 February 2012 16:58, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
It is redundant now, but it was not because WAComponent defined
#description to return a description string of the component.

That makes perfect sense, thanks for the explanation.

Nick