MAContainerComponent and updateRoot:

NorbertHartl
I have a magritte component clas that uses some javascript stuff. But I couldn't get it to run. It seems that magritte components don't get the chance to. I think that MAContainerComponent is supposed to give its children the chance to update the root as well.

The attached changeset adds it to MAContainerComponent.

What do you think?

Norbert

MAContainerComponent-updateRoot.1.cs (1K) Download Attachment

Re: MAContainerComponent and updateRoot:

NorbertHartl
Oops, there are a lot of words missing :) I wanted to say that the children components of a MAContainerComponent don't get the chance to do update the html root via updateRoot: . And I think MAContainerComponent as being a container for components should invoke updateRoot: on its children.

Norbert

On 27.10.2010, at 23:25, Norbert Hartl wrote:

> I have a magritte component clas that uses some javascript stuff. But I couldn't get it to run. It seems that magritte components don't get the chance to. I think that MAContainerComponent is supposed to give its children the chance to update the root as well.
>
> The attached changeset adds it to MAContainerComponent.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Norbert
>
> <MAContainerComponent-updateRoot.1.cs>_______________________________________________
> Magritte, Pier and Related Tools ...

Re: MAContainerComponent and updateRoot:

Lukas Renggli
I cannot reproduce the problem. Seaside automatically calls
#updateRoot: on all children. With your changeset #updateRoot: is
called twice on the children of MAContainerComponent.

Lukas

www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: MAContainerComponent and updateRoot:

NorbertHartl
I'm sorry. I tested it only with one of my components. I don't know exactly why it happens but I'm quite sure the error  is on my side.

thanks,

Norbert