MADescription>>cssClass:

Michal Perutka-2
Hallo,

when I use #cssClass:, for example:

descriptionInfo
    ^ (MAStringDescription
        auto: #info
        label: 'Info') beReadonly; cssClass: 'info'; yourself

I don't see class="readonly info" in my page source code, only class="readonly". The problem seems to be in MAComponentRenderer>>classFor:, which ignores aDescription attributes. Right?

Cheers,
Michal

Re: MADescription>>cssClass:

Lukas Renggli-2
> I don't see class="readonly info" in my page source code, only
> class="readonly". The problem seems to be in
> MAComponentRenderer>>classFor:, which ignores aDescription
> attributes. Right?

#cssClass: is added to the form element, not to the enclosing div. In
the case of the readonly view the attributes are not used.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: MADescription>>cssClass:

Michal Perutka-2
It was an example only. Generally I have been searching how to add css
classes to my decsriptions. Is #cssClass: not intended for it ? So in
which way I should do it, please ? (for  labels or controls in
MATableRenderer...)

Michal

2008/1/10, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>:

> > I don't see class="readonly info" in my page source code, only
> > class="readonly". The problem seems to be in
> > MAComponentRenderer>>classFor:, which ignores aDescription
> > attributes. Right?
>
> #cssClass: is added to the form element, not to the enclosing div. In
> the case of the readonly view the attributes are not used.
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: MADescription>>cssClass:

Lukas Renggli-2
> It was an example only. Generally I have been searching how to add css
> classes to my decsriptions. Is #cssClass: not intended for it ? So in
> which way I should do it, please ? (for  labels or controls in
> MATableRenderer...)

Ok, that was a dark area in Magritte. This is fixed in:

Name: Magritte-Seaside-lr.252
Author: lr
Time: 10 January 2008, 4:26:27 pm
UUID: 844438d1-df1f-491d-95bc-ddbee1ae6da1
Ancestors: Magritte-Seaside-lr.251

- remove #attributes from description (too fuzzy and too generic), but
added #cssClasses that will be used by the updated renderer
- fixed several issues with the table renderer that generated invalid
html

Lukas

Author: lr
Time: 10 January 2008, 4:26:27 pm
UUID: 844438d1-df1f-491d-95bc-ddbee1ae6da1
Ancestors: Magritte-Seaside-lr.251

- remove #attributes from description (too fuzzy and too generic), but
added #cssClasses that will be used by the updated renderer

Oh, quite a radical fix ;-) I had to redesign my app as I was using attributes frequently. But, no matter, it's already done.

Cheers,
Michal

Re: MADescription>>cssClass:

Lukas Renggli-2
> Oh, quite a radical fix ;-) I had to redesign my app as I was using
> attributes frequently. But, no matter, it's already done.

Sorry for the trouble.

I hope you can still archive the same effects with #cssClass: ? I
think this is much cleaner from a mode-view separation perspective.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: MADescription>>cssClass:

Randal L. Schwartz

Lukas> I hope you can still archive the same effects with #cssClass: ? I think
Lukas> this is much cleaner from a mode-view separation perspective.

Yeah, it did seem a bit odd that I was asking a description to know
what its CSS class was. :)