MAExternalFileModel should override the equals method

MAExternalFileModel should override the equals method

Jan van de Sandt
Hello,

I had a problem with updates of css files in Pier (using the pharo-1.0-10491-rc1web09.10.5 image). My updates were ignored.

After some debugging I found out that the the cause of the problem was that two different MAExternalFileModel instances compared equal. They were both called 'style.css' but they had a different location. The location was not checked in the equals method. After adding the following equals method to MAExternalFileMethod everything worked fine:

= anObject
    ^super = anObject and: [ self location = anObject location ]

Greetings,
Jan.

Re: MAExternalFileModel should override the equals method

Lukas Renggli
Thank you, I integrated your change.

Lukas

2009/11/6 Jan van de Sandt <[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
>
> I had a problem with updates of css files in Pier (using the
> pharo-1.0-10491-rc1web09.10.5 image). My updates were ignored.
>
> After some debugging I found out that the the cause of the problem was that
> two different MAExternalFileModel instances compared equal. They were both
> called 'style.css' but they had a different location. The location was not
> checked in the equals method. After adding the following equals method to
> MAExternalFileMethod everything worked fine:
>
> = anObject
>     ^super = anObject and: [ self location = anObject location ]
>
> Greetings,
> Jan.

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch