MAFileDescription error

dtrussardi@tiscali.it
Hi,

i work with squeak update to the last 2.9 seaside and Magritte-All-lr-269.

I have  a class 'MAArticoloModel ' defined with some descriptions.

    One description is based on MAFileDescription

    descriptionPicture
        ^ ( MAFileDescription new)
            autoAccessor: 'immagine';
            beRequired;
            label: 'Immagine';
            priority: 60;
            yourself

Now when update an item with :
    self call:  ( anMAArticoloModel asComponent) readonly: false;
                addValidateForm;
                addMessage: 'Update item;
                yourself

    all work fine.

But when display an item with:

    self call:  ( anMAArticoloModel asComponent) readonly:true;
                addForm: #(cancel);
                addMessage: 'Display item';
                yourself

i found the error: MessageNotUnderstood: WAMimeType >> copyUpTo.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Dario

Re: MAFileDescription error

Lukas Renggli-2
I've never tried Magritte or Pier with the latest development vesions
of Seaside 2.9. I guess this is the problem in your case. Please stick
with Seaside 2.8 until Seaside 2.9 gets more stable.

Cheers,
Lukas

On Jul 26, 2008, at 13:08 , Dario Trussardi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i work with squeak update to the last 2.9 seaside and Magritte-All-
> lr-269.
>
> I have  a class 'MAArticoloModel ' defined with some descriptions.
>
>     One description is based on MAFileDescription
>
>     descriptionPicture
>         ^ ( MAFileDescription new)
>             autoAccessor: 'immagine';
>             beRequired;
>             label: 'Immagine';
>             priority: 60;
>             yourself
>

> Now when update an item with :
>     self call:  ( anMAArticoloModel asComponent) readonly: false;
>                 addValidateForm;
>                 addMessage: 'Update item;
>                 yourself
>
>     all work fine.
>
> But when display an item with:
>
>     self call:  ( anMAArticoloModel asComponent) readonly:true;
>                 addForm: #(cancel);
>                 addMessage: 'Display item';
>                 yourself
>
> i found the error: MessageNotUnderstood: WAMimeType >> copyUpTo.
>
> Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Dario

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch