MAToManyRelationDescription report with subset descriptions

MAToManyRelationDescription report with subset descriptions

dtrussardi@tiscali.it
Hi,

i have a cantonModel with more descriptions.
One of it is set to MAToManyRelationDescription for manage more MAPersonModel.

MAPersonModel is defined with some description too.

When call:   cantonModel asComponent
in MAToManyComponent MAReport  relative to the MAPersonModel instances,
all the descriptions of the class MAPersonModel are rendering.

How i can set a report relative to MAPersonModel with only subset of relative descriptions ?

Thanks,

Dario

Re: MAToManyRelationDescription report with subset descriptions

cedreek

> Hi,
>
> i have a cantonModel with more descriptions.
> One of it is set to MAToManyRelationDescription for manage more
> MAPersonModel.
>
> MAPersonModel is defined with some description too.
>
> When call:   cantonModel asComponent
> in MAToManyComponent MAReport  relative to the MAPersonModel instances,
> all the descriptions of the class MAPersonModel are rendering.
>
> How i can set a report relative to MAPersonModel with only subset of
> relative descriptions ?

You have to build your component by selecting the description you
like., something like:

buildComponentFor: aModel
    ^((ModelClass descriptionFieldOne, ModelClass descriptionFieldTwo,
ModelClass descriptionFieldThree)
            asComponentOn: aModel)
        addValidatedForm;
        yourself

this example comes from this full post, it will surely help:
http://onsmalltalk.com/programming/smalltalk/using-magritte-with-seaside/

In your case, I think you need to put a custom reference in your
MAToManyRelationDescription (not sure though!)
reference: MAPersonModel customDescription

HTH,

Cédrick